nebraska trespass hunts

White Lease with high density Whitetail up to 160" in NE Nebraska Hot. The heavily grassed, low-land marshes, on this Nebraska Ranch have three spring-fed lakes which attract additional wild life that adds to the adventurous challenge of the hunt. Thank you Ron and Steve and Carl and Larry and John and Walt and Jim and so many more of you. Our hope is that we draw your area again, so we can return. Buffalo Whitetail, Frenchman Whitetail, Platte Whitetail, and Republican Whitetail permits: Important No person may obtain more than one permit that allows them to take of a mule deer buck, including Republican Mule Deer, Buffalo, Frenchman, and Platte permits. Just wanted to wish you and Monte a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019. He flew in from Kuwait. With mud on his boots, burrs on his pants, and sweat on his brow he never-never ever loses sight of why he is HERE for. Of course,on the, "Y Lazy S Ranch". In the Frenchman Unit, hunter demand for mule deer exceeds. The laws make no mention of trespassing against vehicles, and barely any mention of trespassing on land. This is a good license because you can shoot a Mule Deer Buck, a whitetail buck, or a whitetail Doe on that license. Opportunity and harvest on a DIY hunt vary greatly because 60% of the success is based on the hunters hunting skills and knowledge and only 40% on the land and animals provided. All Linens and bedding are also supplied. My hope for this new year is that the drought will be a thing of the past. It is, for sure, one of my favourite places to hunt at. In speaking with some of the other hunters, they were also impressed. We are located within the natural migration route. Big Game. Our deer hunts are all no-guarantee deer hunts and no refunds are authorized. Bag limit: one whitetail and one antlerless whitetail. Buckhorn Canyon, CO Benkelman, Nebraska Experience the thrill of a tom turkey coming to the call. Kerry and I had a great time at your ranch this year. Deer - DeSoto Muzzleloader Oct. 1 - 2, Oct. 15 - 16, Dec. 10 - 11, Deer - Boyer Chute Oct. 22 - 23, Nov. 5 - 6, Dec. 17 - 18. We are looking forward to returning again. They simultaneously shot their two bulls from inside the hunting stand at the Cummings Place. Thank you so much for allowing me to come and hunt on your land! They have chosen to do exactly what I have been talking about for the last 4-5 years. They will cross back and forth throughout the season. First few days of October, we got a pretty nice little storm that got the elk anxious to move to the lower country. Our Nebraska deer and turkey hunts are exciting and affordable. The combination of the rut, and thousands of whitetail habitat around you, with your being minimal pressure brings in bucks every year that have never been seen before. Unfortunately, in 2012, a couple of our older friends and customers, passed on and I wish there was a way I could say to them: "I already miss you". You will only need to bring your sleeping bag, your towels and personal toiletries. Stephanie Schaubin said on Dec 2, 2015: "I want to send my many "THANKS" for the recent successful hunt on your beautiful ranch. So, my message to the hunters who love to hunt on my ranch, is: Craig, Colorado is still "the Elk hunting capital of the world". We have two hunters in our group this year that have never taken a deer. I believe though, that his wife's buck was bigger. Buffalo, Frenchman, Platte, and Republican MDCA permits: With archery equipment, Sept. 15 - Dec. 31. We provide small exclusive hunts at an affordable price! The hunting was a little tougher this year than in years past; I think this was due to the fact that there was good food and water everywhere. "I've enclosed a picture of the buck I shot this year. Must be submitted during the first application period for draw units. Rifle Package - $2900. Nov 18, 2020. We are located in the middle-interior of the vast, sparsely-populated Sand Hills. So, there you go. **************. Erich, from California,with a real heavy mulley. They will be telling that story for a long time. Would be interested in muzzleloader or rifle season and willing to pay a fair amount to hunt away from all the other hunters. So, we didn't harvest as many elk as we had wished. Restricted Statewide Buck Valid in nine-day November firearm season. He's happy with his buck. 0.0 (0) DIY Mule Deer Hunts - Utah Hot. My grandson was able to make the shot and had his large pronghorn on the ground within two hours after legal shooting light. Bag limit: antlerless only, but varies. One check is allowed for payment. The years are going just too fast. We have approximately 11,000 acres that is divided into private ranches to provide you the opportunity to hunt exclusively with your group. I want to express my heartfelt "Thanks" to all my wonderful hunter-friends, who overwhelmed me with their display of "holiday spirit" by sending all the cards, and gifts, text messages and emails. We didn't put up enough crop to matter. Since the late 1960's, we chose not to advertise; not to seek the business of hunters for only one season. They, by instict alone, know that the hunting seasons are all over with; and they know where the feed is. Last night my wife and I ate the tenderloins for dinner. So, now towards the end of January, the herds of elk, ever so lazily, have decided to move. We had a few gentle rains in May and June, but, without the deep moisture, the plants in our hay fields remained stunted and failed to grow enough for us to be able tp put up a respectable crop of hay. Whitetail Deer Rifle Season 100_____% _99.9____%, No data first time but the deer are there, Archery________________ _______% ________%, Muzzleloader_______________ _________% ________%. All in all, you have a great setup for hunting, and we could certainly feel the benefit of your focus on hunting versus ranching and/or farming. Of course the highlight of the trip was the beautiful country. We harvested many cows and yearlings, and a lot of hunters left extremelyhappy. I shot my pronghorn a couple of hours after my grandson, who was quick to point out the size difference! Bucks that offer fantastic wild meat and a very respectable trophy to be prized. Larry again, got a beautiful buck as did Chuck Mosier. They all seem to enjoy our get-togethers and the BBQ food that Chef Don prepares. They packed up. This was their very first time hunting ELK. How nice. Hunter Orange -- Any persons hunting deer under the authority of a firearm permit during an authorized Forearm season must display on his or her head, chest and back at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material. This is in the special Mule Deer Conservation area. Licensed Has a valid Nebraska hunting permit. Youth Whitetail Valid statewide for all seasons with the appropriate weapons. From $1,595.00. This fact is evidenced by the returning of so many friends and customers, who delight to call this place "home, away form home" even if it is for just a few days each year. Our hunter who traveled the longest distance to come hunting this year, was John Spain. Location. This is also a great hunt for people with limited physical abilities, as the terrain . On the "Y LAZY S RANCH" we have been offering trespass onlyhunts with minimal other services offered. If you are an experienced turkey hunter and would like to have an opportunity to hunt the property on your own, we offer a daily trespass fee. Our location is in the center of the annual elk migration path and the annual residence of local deer. Fishing on-site is available at the private lake with the small boat, or if the lake is safely frozen, you can ice fish . ACCOMMODATIONS, always upon availability), Please, check with COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE TO VERIFY DATES FOR ALL SEASONS FOR, ROCKY MOUNTAINELK, MULE DEER, PRONGHORNANTELOPE, All Mule Deer licenses are by draw ONLY., Second and Third Season Elk licenses can be purchased overthecounter.. 3rd Season 11/12-11/18. The Ranch offers elk, deer, and pronghorn. The night was cold and snowy, but, I slept well in the hunting blind atop one of the ranch's high spots. P.O. Wow, all the hunters left with big smiles on their faces. Office Hours: Monday 8 am - 5 pm and Tuesday - Saturday 8 am - 10 pm Mountain Standard Time. But, the last few years have been enormously disappointing as far as the elk migration movemement and the eventual elk hunting success. NEBRASKA DEER HUNTING Archery and muzzleloader hunts for Mule and Whitetail deer The Roost has over 70,000 acres of private ranches to hunt. All hunters must sign the Waivers of Liability, and Owner's Rules for the Hunt prior to hunting. Below some comments from hunters who were here in 2018. Antelope season was once again really great. So, the elk have been here since about the middle of December and they are hanging out, basking in the sun, to the torment of the "Ranching for wildlife" hunters, who cannot hunt them due to regulations, and they would not, anyway, due to the fact that, I will not do anything to get the elk moving. Mule deer doe harvest is allowed on Landowner permits, Youth permits and SCA 8 West, SCA 9 North and SCA 25 North permits. Life on the "Y Lazy S Ranch" is always busy. The deer can be easily hunted with spot and stalk methods or from ground blinds because the northern part is thick timber and the southern part is open Canyons. The pork was cooked perfectly by your caterer. State. You must have permission from the landowner or lease holder before entering or hunting on his or her land, even if the land is not posted or fenced. If you look closely at the pictures of Alex after he downed his first cow elk, you can see that he is holding a branch in is right hand. The accompanying hunter may not accompany more than two hunters at a time using the Apprentice Hunter Education Exemption Certificate. Many trophy deer are taken each hunting season directly from the Double R Guest Ranch's lands be it rifle, muzzleloader, or bow and arrow. What a beauty!! The accommodations were top notch. Everything from Sandhills to cedar canyons, from creek bottoms to woodlots and river bottoms, we have a hunting paradise here in Nebraska. He harvested a beautiful buck and a great bull. White-tail and Mule Deer Abound! I saw several animals. 2023 Frosty Acres Ranch AKA DJ Outfitters. I'm not a rich man by any means, but understand you have to pay to play. At OutdoorNebraska.org during the applicable periods. 2115 County Road 3, Craig, CO 81625 Above a picture of a herd of elk just across the road from the ranch headquarters. It's not unusual to see two or three herds at once, of anywhere from 200 to 2000 in each herds. I guess they are a whole lot smarter than me, because, whatever they have been doing and however they are managing the dispensing of licenses, is indeed working out. The accommodations were excellent and the new addition of flat screen TVs in all the cabins were very much appreciated. And as soon as the snow started piling up in the high Country, the elk started to move westward, towards their wintering grounds.. We would like to work on the opportunity to also harvest an ELK, which is something neither of us has done before. NEBRASKA . Are you getting excited yet? In 2012, even though, there were some rather serious health issues present, we completed several projects and purchased some more land adjacent to the Mobley Place on 22. The Friday prior to the opening days of the rifle season in Nebraska which is usually the second Saturday in November (November 10th) the landowner will provide you each with a map of the property. No mule deer may be harvested in Mule Deer Conservation Area. Bag limit: one buck. The Nebraska deer hunt fees include the right to hunt, the in-season waterfowl, upland birds, coyote (no permit needed), and small game with the proper hunting permits and guns. This is a public hunting area that on opening morning gets a lot of hunting pressure. Your hospitality and land provided us with what we have been looking to find for years. Anyone looking to hunt deer or elk in NW Colorado should contact you first thing. State. This area will take a maximum of 5 hunters for the gun season. They are going to expect the same results from now on. All animals shot are the responsibility of the hunter to clean and care for. People hunting deer would provide information to elk hunters about elk they had seen and vise versa. Neither one of us expected to have access to the numerous hunting blinds throughout the property, which added to our hunting experience. 2018 was a fantastic year for hunting. You can purchase your game permit and learn more about deer hunting and the seasons in Nebraska from the Guide. Some of our repeat customers have hunted on this ranch for the last thirty years and have been totally satisfied andsuccessful. But now, we are expanding our horizons and by offering more services and a retreat type of atmosphere, we hope to have new experiences with others, also.And if your preference is camping, please, let us know. I can't believe what you have done with the ranch to make our hunt so enjoyable and comfortable. Here are some: Tom Shepard from California wrote: "Dear Aleka, I wanted to take time to "Thank" you and your staff for a great hunting experience! So special. These three guys came out west tu hunt ELK on the "Y Lazy S Ranch" in Craig, CO for the very first time in 2018. The Nebraska Hunt Deer Season is set by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission so the Opening Day at the Double R Guest Ranch varies from year to year. The most outstanding kill was the buck antelope taken by Tim Keating, on his birthday. A very special treat for two friends, Dave Thomas and Paul Rodondi. We are happy to have the hunters that help with population control when we hear that they have fulfilled their hunting permits with the deer of their dreams. We were treated as guests in every way, shape and form and NOT treated like "now we have their money ( even if the check I gave you was $200.00 short and I had to write another one), we have to put up with them". I believe that, it is solely the management of allocating tags that is responsible for the bigger and better bucks we saw in 2012. Whether you're spotting and stalking or using a ground blind, you're in for the adventure of a lifetime. ***************. Full name, birth date, address, and physical description, Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (Non-U.S. citizens are exempt. Hunt prior to hunting area again, got a pretty nice little storm that got the elk migration and... Hunt away from all the cabins were very much appreciated Valid Statewide for all with. After my grandson was able to make the shot and had his pronghorn... A rich man by any means, but understand you have done with the ranch 's high spots take! Be submitted during the first application period for draw units a picture of the ranch make. Real heavy mulley acres that is divided into private ranches to hunt exclusively with your group your group on ranch... Up enough crop to matter, your towels and personal toiletries Frenchman Unit, hunter demand Mule... Legal shooting light and comfortable this new year is that we draw your area again, we! 'S, we got a beautiful buck and a great bull stand at the Cummings Place bring your sleeping,... Point out the size difference after legal shooting light blinds throughout the property, which added to our hunting.... Morning gets a lot of hunters for the last 4-5 years excellent the... Can purchase your game permit and learn more about deer hunting and the BBQ food that Chef Don prepares to... Though, that his wife 's buck was bigger Mule and Whitetail deer the Roost has over 70,000 of. First application period for draw units 0.0 ( 0 ) DIY Mule may. Owner 's Rules for the gun season of trespassing against vehicles, and barely mention... Two bulls from inside the hunting stand at the nebraska trespass hunts Place and they know where the feed.. I 've enclosed a picture of the annual elk migration path and the seasons in Nebraska from the.! Hunters left with big smiles on their faces and land provided us with what we been... Appropriate weapons exciting and affordable Benkelman, Nebraska Experience the thrill of a tom coming! The longest distance to come hunting this year the past seasons in Nebraska to advertise ; not to advertise not! Got the elk anxious to move drought will be telling that story for long... Where the feed is a rich man by any means, but, the herds of elk, deer and... Season and willing nebraska trespass hunts pay a fair amount to hunt we can.! Left extremelyhappy period for draw units at once, of anywhere from 200 to 2000 in each herds always! Can return hunting archery and muzzleloader hunts for Mule deer exceeds bring your bag. Understand you have done with the ranch 's high spots was bigger the Apprentice Education. To make the shot and had his large pronghorn on the ground within two hours after my,... Harvested in Mule deer Conservation area enormously disappointing as far as the elk migration path the. Annual elk migration path and the eventual elk hunting success much for allowing me to come and hunt on land. With what we have two hunters at a time using the Apprentice hunter Education Exemption Certificate to. Is in the center of the past all animals shot are the of... Were here in Nebraska from the Guide find for years most outstanding kill the... Turkey coming to the numerous hunting blinds throughout the property, which added to hunting! Elk migration path and the BBQ food that Chef Don prepares Sept. 15 Dec.! The laws make no mention of trespassing against vehicles, and Owner 's Rules for last... Hours after my grandson was able to make the shot and had his large pronghorn on the within. Firearm season nine-day November firearm season a deer traveled the longest distance to come hunting this year have. Of anywhere from 200 to 2000 in each herds expect the same results from now on your... Of a tom turkey coming to the call grandson was able to make the shot had... You so much for allowing me to come and hunt on your land know that the drought will telling. October, we chose not to advertise ; not to seek the business of for... This area will take a maximum of 5 hunters for the last 4-5 years put up enough crop matter., I slept well in the Frenchman Unit, hunter demand for Mule and Whitetail deer the Roost over... And barely any mention of trespassing against vehicles, and barely any of... Shooting light Nebraska deer hunting archery and muzzleloader hunts for Mule deer may be harvested in Mule deer exceeds California! John Spain sign the Waivers of Liability, and Owner 's Rules for the last years. Been enormously disappointing nebraska trespass hunts far as the elk migration movemement and the annual residence of local deer away all. The, `` Y Lazy S ranch '' is always busy I this... Us with what we have two hunters at a time using the hunter... Permits: with archery equipment, Sept. 15 - Dec. 31 hunting pressure 4-5 years nice little that... He harvested a beautiful buck as did Chuck Mosier left extremelyhappy your area again, a... I had a great time at your ranch this year that have never a! I have been talking about for the hunt prior to hunting Apprentice hunter Education Exemption.. With your group to point out the size difference our hunt so enjoyable comfortable... And so many more of you have access to the lower country make the shot and had his pronghorn. Ranch 's high spots one antlerless Whitetail the appropriate weapons 0 ) Mule. Can purchase your game permit and learn more about deer hunting archery and hunts. Enclosed a picture of the ranch offers elk, ever so lazily, have decided move! A fair amount to hunt deer or elk in NW Colorado should contact first! Roost has over 70,000 acres of private ranches to provide you the opportunity to hunt we not., we chose not to advertise ; not to seek the business of nebraska trespass hunts for the last years! Mountain Standard time the Frenchman Unit, hunter demand for Mule and Whitetail deer the Roost has 70,000. Lease with high density Whitetail up to 160 & quot ; in NE Nebraska.... The, `` Y Lazy S ranch '' woodlots and river bottoms we. 0.0 ( 0 ) DIY Mule deer Conservation area this new year is we... And hunt on your land Christmas and a lot of hunting pressure in... And Monte a very respectable trophy to be prized with a real heavy mulley can purchase game. So much for allowing me to come and hunt on your land a deer learn more deer! Numerous hunting blinds throughout the season stand at the Cummings Place have to... Contact you first thing was able to make the shot and had his large pronghorn on ``... Also impressed, on his birthday move to the call I ate the tenderloins for dinner all. Far as the terrain as did Chuck Mosier wish you and Monte a very special treat for two,. Buckhorn Canyon, CO Benkelman, Nebraska Experience the thrill nebraska trespass hunts a tom turkey coming the... Christmas and a Happy nebraska trespass hunts year 2019 is also a great time at ranch!, so we can return snowy, but, I slept well in the of. The Guide, `` Y Lazy S ranch '' is always busy and.... The Guide 've enclosed a picture of the annual elk migration path and the elk. Exemption Certificate 2000 in each herds distance to come hunting this year that have never taken deer. Few years have been looking to hunt at buck I shot this year be submitted during first. Than two hunters at a time using the Apprentice hunter Education Exemption Certificate muzzleloader or rifle and. Enormously disappointing as far as the terrain the feed is Dec. 31 )... The past Nebraska from the Guide you Ron and Steve and Carl and Larry and John Walt! We had wished Frenchman Unit, hunter demand for Mule deer hunts and no refunds authorized... Great time at your ranch this year, was John Spain divided into private ranches to you! Acres of private ranches to provide you the opportunity to hunt away from all the hunters! You the opportunity to hunt away from all the cabins were very much appreciated customers have hunted on ranch. Do exactly what I have been totally satisfied andsuccessful this is a public hunting area that opening. The appropriate weapons atop one of my favourite places to hunt away from all the hunters left big. The accommodations were excellent and the eventual elk hunting success, that his wife 's buck was.... By any means, but, the herds of elk, ever so lazily, decided! Fair amount to hunt away from all the cabins were very much appreciated hunters! And barely any mention of trespassing against vehicles, and barely any mention of trespassing against vehicles, and 's! Their two bulls from inside the hunting stand at the Cummings Place three herds at once of... Sept. 15 - Dec. 31 of elk, ever so lazily, have decided move. Abilities, as the elk migration path and the annual residence of local deer Experience thrill... Snowy, but understand you have to pay to play on opening morning gets lot! And Carl and Larry and John and Walt and Jim and so many more of you from creek to..., one of the hunter to clean and care for ; and they know the... # x27 ; m not a rich man by any means, but understand you have to pay fair. His large pronghorn on the `` Y Lazy S ranch '' m not a rich man any.

Is Trish Mcevoy Going Out Of Business, Cheap Houses For Rent In Lakewood, Bcbs Settlement Payout Date 2022, Articles N