honda crv oil consumption service bulletin

Modern vehicles consume less oil per mile than their forefathers. It seams like it is gradually burning more oil I just had to add 2 quarts and this is the second time adding between its last oils change. . The car tells you when the oil is low or needs to be changed. After a few months I had the issue again. Car is used for local flat driving. I had a 1995 Olds Cierra V-6 with 150,000 and never burned oil. After several misdiagnosis by hare Honda, determined same issue as 2011 TSB a12-089 problem with sticking piston rings. Took it my mechanic--it was down 3 quarts after 3500 miles or so. Dealers and manufacturers are not required to pay for a repair indicated in a TSB since the issue is not identified as posing a safety concern. It is also important to ensure that all fluid levels in your Honda CRV are at their proper levels before operating it regularly. I immediately brought the vehicle to lia Honda who told me to wait until oil needed to be changed to start consumption test b/c the oil was recently changed and it would be a waste of new oil. This is very common issue. all problems of the 2014 Honda CR-V Honda USA refuses to correct also. Exclusive Honda (not a dealer) found no oil in my car. How to replace the Oil and Oil Filter on a 2017-2021 Honda CR-V which is the same for all 2017- 2021 CR-Vs. Big job. This could include new or used engines; gaskets, seals, filters, wires and hoses; as well as replacement of any worn components such as pistons or cylinder walls. I am on a mission to tell everyone how Honda is treating their loyal customers. As a result, I want my Honda to last as long as possible with only minor repairs. Common issues associated with excessive oil consumption in a Honda CRV include low oil pressure warning indicators appearing on dashboards even though there doesnt appear to be an issue with low fluid levels; strange noises coming from under hoods during operation; unusual smells emanating from engines during operation; poor fuel economy due to excessive burning off of excess amounts of engine oils; and potentially even more dangerous conditions such as misfiring cylinders due over-oilation resulting in catastrophic consequences if left unattended too long without proper diagnosis being conducted first before attempting repairs or replacements on affected components within engines themselves.. In Jan 2017 my oil light came on again. They also told me that the VCT issue was a known problem when it came to the rattling noise in the engine. Ever since we've needed to add oil at every fuel tank fill up. also, diluted motor oil has to have long term damaging effects on the engine. same issue!!!! Regularly check your oil levels and make sure they are being topped up as needed between services. It has been documented that the problem can often reoccur after another 10,000 miles. Very low gas mileage, used 87 unleaded for entire life of car. Because of this it does not meet the criteria for repair under the extended warranty. Summary: The engine oil level is low on the dipstick, and the MIL may be on with DTC P3400 and/or P3497 (VPS Stuck Off Bank 1/Bank 2). I wanted my Honda's to last with minimum repairs that are exorbinet costs. Q: How can I find information about my specific model of Honda CRV? No towing, racing, mountains, etc. Pdf). There is a risk that computer-controlled fuel systems will result in low performance and fuel mileage. not acceptable in my opinion. If a turbocharger is installed in the vehicle, oil could be leaking into the valve guides or passing through the shaft. A: Problems related to oil consumption in a Honda CRV may include low oil pressure warning indicators, excessive oil consumption, unusual noises or smells from the engine, poor fuel economy, and other issues. This excessive consumption started about 3 years ago. Sent me to a Honda dealer immediately to take care of. Generally, you can expect to pay, Read More Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin: What You Need to KnowContinue, This code, P0746, is an OBD-II trouble code that is triggered when a problem is detected in the pressure control solenoid A circuit of a 2008 Nissan Altima. I brought the car into keeler Honda in November of 2018 to complete the oil consumption test when the oil needed to be changed and to have the noise checked out. I've been tracking oil consumed (oil I add outside of oil changes) for the past ~$12k miles / 1.5 years and it's been a steady 1qt per 1k miles. However, like all batteries, they will eventually need to be replaced. I am an industrial mechanic for 47 years and do my own maintenance so I know what the correct level is. The 2010 and 2011 CR-V models in particular have had a problem with high oil consumption . It lets the manufacturer off the hook. Excessive oil (no oil leak) engine oil disappeared 2 quarts after only 3000 miles from last oil change. Unsubscribe any time. I immediately brought the vehicle to Lia Honda who told me to wait until oil needed to be changed to start consumption test b/c the oil was recently changed and it would be a waste of new oil. The image posted is about 7k miles on oil change and the level is above the level marker pad. And this model requires synthetic oil. The dealer says there is no fix but diluted fuel leads to damage and if severe, can cause engine failure and accident. Additionally, dealerships often have troubleshooting tips and advice available for customers looking into potential oil consumption issues with their vehicles that can help diagnose more effectively what might be causing these types of problems with their vehicles engines before attempting more costly repairs or replacements that may not necessarily solve the issue at hand completely or permanently. His response to me was, "Well we have done all we can do here". The warranty extension that was extended for "sticking piston rings resulting in high oil consumption" was not a problem yet during the 125,000 mile mark. Hope they did the work and problem will be solved. I want a new engine or they can have it back or a 2015crv. Actually I really don't want it any more. The service bulletin outlines the steps necessary to identify and correct potential causes of oil consumption in Honda CRV vehicles. I had changed to oil to 0w20 AMSOIL full synthetic and was losing half a quart about every 1500 miles not acceptable in my opinion. I had 7400+ miles on it and it was down midway between the dots. Mechanic found no cause for this so it must be inside the engine or drive train. If the problem is with the piston rings, it is possible that the piston rings will need to be replaced in order to avoid future leaks. In order diagnose potential problems related specifically with excessive oil consumption in a Honda CRV correctly without running into more serious issues like misfiring cylinders due over-oilation requires specific tools such as compression testers capable of testing cylinder pressures within engines; leak down testers capable of testing seals within heads; vacuum testers capable of measuring camshaft timing values within engines; crankshaft deflection gauges capable measuring bearing clearances between crankshaft main journals and connecting rods; among many others depending on complexity level required by each individual case scenario being examined either by mechanics themselves or customers trying diagnose potential issues themselves first before bringing them into shops for further diagnosis then potentially having them repair afterwards if needed depending on results obtained from initial tests conducted either way.. The life expectancy of a Honda CRV will depend on several factors such as how well its maintained and serviced; driving habits; conditions encountered while driving; and whether regular preventative maintenance tasks such as changing fluids at regular intervals are done regularly according to manufacturers recommendation. Many burn excessive oil as defined by most mechanics. Summary: Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is searching for certain 2022 Civics with customer complaint of the A/C not blowing cold air and a technician noticing oil stain on the condenser. In early 2015, my vehicle went from having my oil changed between 5000 and 7000 miles to barely making it to 3000. And their shuttle service once did not pick up me up at the end of the dayhttps://www-odi. Despite a software update designed to eliminate the issue, oil dilution is reported to persist. At that time my vehicle was less than 5 years old with less than 60,000 miles, so it was within the power train warranty period (5yrs/60kmi). Took car to dealer for engine oil consumption test 6/29/19; dealer denied car had burned any oil despite stick showing engine had in fact burned oil during duration of test. He created HondaAsk.com as a way to share his knowledge of Honda cars with the world. Mine is a 2014 year model and they said mine doesn't fall in the range of vin #s with this known issue. All lugs were loose!). to be covered under Service Bulletin. There is a class action lawsuit out there that has been decided and American Honda knew they were selling these cars that had problems. There are various resources available online where information about specific model years can be found including online owners manuals or user guides provided directly from manufacturer website itself which provides detailed information about specifics regarding maintenance schedules made especially for each individual year/model type accordingly along with various automotive repair forums where owners share their experiences dealing with certain issues pertaining solely to their particular vehicles should more detailed information beyond what was provided by dealership upon purchase require further investigation down this avenue if so desired by consumer seeking more knowledge about his/her own particular model type/year prior buying one off lot brand new from dealership itself something worth considering before making final purchase decision regardless if brand new off lot from dealership itself or used one purchased through private seller instead either way being informed prior finalizing decision most definitely would prove beneficial overall ultimately leading consumer towards making soundest choice possible before signing dotted line once all said and done ensuring consumer satisfaction long after signing paperwork finalizing deal itself taking delivery instead something worth considering before making final purchasing decisions regardless either brand new off dealership lot itself versus used one purchased through private seller instead both scenarios requiring due diligence prior signing dotted line essentially knowing exactly what consumer getting into prior committing financially instead something worth considering overall ultimately leading consumer towards making soundest decision possible before signing dotted line once all said done ensuring consumer satisfaction long after taking delivery too! Researching this can lead to oil consumption and a stretched timing chain and premature engine failure. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I brought the car to the dealership where I bought the car and they stated I should bring the car back to Honda because it should've been under warrantee and something was definitely wrong. Towards the end of the 3rd oil change, engine made a loud scraping noise when started in morning for a fraction of a second. This first started to happen at around 100,000 miles (8/2017) and continues to do so. They could not reproduce noise. Engine oil runs very low causing poor acceleration. After the first oil change, the red oil light came on briefly after about 3500 miles. This most frequently occurs in cold-weather states. Ive mentioned the service bulletin to the dealership, and they said that it was only for the Honda Element. Vehicle bought new in 2011 and only one owner. By the look of the long list of complaints online, this is a problem Honda should be rectifying. I am the original owner and have always used top-tier gasoline and I am also a very gentle drive. I betcha how they handle this will affect people's decisions in the future. A typical passenger car consumes between 5 and 3 liters of engine oil per 1,000 kilometers. Honda told us this is "normal" and that we should replenish the oil every time we fill the gas tank. If not fixed can cause engine failure. We took it into the shop. Potential owners should search "2010 Honda CR-V oil consumption". The dealer replaced the unit but this issue goes back to 2016 and so far, do not know if the replacement will solve the issue since it was replaced with a remanufactured part, not new. 07/07/16. NHTSA ID: 10118168. 96662 miles. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Since then the problem has steadily increased. I think not. A: Scheduled maintenance services recommended by the manufacturer include changing the engine oil at regular intervals, replacing the air filter as needed, and having fluids checked at regular intervals. If you find that there is an issue with your Honda CRV that requires parts replacement in order to fix it, there are several parts you may need depending on whats causing the problem. Had consumption test performed and they are willing to pay 75% of cost to fix it. He told me to take it to the dealership, so we have started that dance with measuring the oil consumption after paying them for an oil change. Some people report smelling gasoline in their cabin, others experience an acceleration loss, and still others are unable to control their vehicle due to problems such as steering issues. It is abnormal with such excessive oil consumption. I have found the entire process through Honda extremely frustrating. Bought from Honda dealer and it burns 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles. all problems of the 2011 Honda CR-V The contact owns a 2011 Honda Cr-v. I called Honda manufacturer and referenced my case from Aug of 2018- they agreed to document that my car was covered b/c these issues stem from when it was under warranty (now has 62kmi). I live in the south so the cold weather is not the issue. Reported to Honda. No oil leak and not burning oil. Recall: Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers Could Fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Was told that car should not be driven until timing chain fixed, but oil consumption test can not be done if vehicle not driven?. Anybody else having this issue? This is criminal as no one will experience this issue within that time frame. Generally speaking, most Honda models require 5W-30 or 0W-20 synthetic oil for optimal engine performance and fuel efficiency. . I canged the oil and it has consumed almost 2 l per 6000 km. If the gaskets leak, they must be replaced in most cases. It has been reported to be as low as 0.05% and as high as 1%. I took the car back at 1000 miles and that said there was no issue. Car engine **under warranty** is burning excessive oil which can eventually lead to catastrophic engine failure. I was told "my vin has no recalls on it". are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Advertising - The old girl doesn't seem to discriminate between oil price points. UNSAFE. I called Honda manufacturer and referenced my case from Aug of 2018- they agreed to document that my car was covered b/c these issues stem from when it was under warrantee (now has 62kmi). 2 Answers Simply select by vehicle year, make, and model. Thread starter Joined Feb 11, 2021 Messages . L. lk77. Honda has issued a voluntary recall for 1.6 million Honda CR-V vehicles due to excessive oil consumption. They paid to tow my vehicle to the shop and replaced the water pump but charged my for the belt, pretty shady since it was their own fault. According to a class action lawsuit filed in 2005, Honda Earth Dreams 1.5L engines have gasoline diluting the engine oil, resulting in problems such as stalling and power loss. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. The Honda CRV Oil Consumption Service Bulletin is an official document issued by Honda Motor Company that outlines the best practices for addressing excessive oil consumption in certain models of the Honda CR-V. But as defined by Honda, burning 1 quart per 1,000 miles normal for this little 4 cylinder engine. I had 30% oil life before change, took it to Honda garage tech said no oil, but no leaks can be found. I goggled it and found that my car was subject to an extended warranty for the issue until 8 years or 125k miles. In the recent oil service I was informed that engine consuming high amount of oil. This VTC actuator problem contribute to high oil consumption as mentioned in this link: https://www.julieannacline.com/engine- rattles-on-cold-startup-tsb-09-010/ . Oil must have changed in the vehicle between 5000 and 7000 miles before it reached the 3000 mark. Our 2011 Honda Cr-v is part of the extended warranty issue with Honda vehicles for excessive oil consumption. If the cause of the high oil consumption is not known, a thorough engine diagnostic may be required. As a result, even though Honda has not corrected this flaw, I request that this transportation organization look into these claims for validity. So it was not leaking oil. The exhaust from an oil-burning vehicle emits blue smoke, but this can appear to be subtle at times. Mechanic found through inspection/research that timing chain likely needed to be replaced ($1000 job) on 2014 Cr-vs. 2 - Provide proof service records or attempts. This car has a faulty Vtc acuator. I'm never ever ever buying another Honda product weather its a lawn mower or a car. The difference is that manufacturers are not required to make the repair at no cost for a problem documented in a TSB. I fill to the top mark on the dipstick when filling after a change. We had the car serviced in December, 2015. The cost to replace this part is $750 and does not even solve the problem. I brought the car to the dealership where I bought the car and they stated I should bring the car back to Honda because it shouldve been under warranty and something was definitely wrong. This last time when the time to change oil warning happened, It was making a rattling noise like a shield was loose. Honda has received reports of 730 cases of excessive oil consumption in the affected vehicles, with some owners reporting . Upon discovering it a full quart low after never experiencing any noticeable problem, I monitored the consumption carefully and measure an increasing and very alarming oil consumption rate in excess of 1 quart per every 1,000 miles. Recall: Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers Could Fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work. It is noteworthy that mechanic said that this is a common problem with Honda CRV. My independent mechanic has said the rate of oil consumption is damaging my vehicle. The vtc acuator is an issue on this car. I am told it could be the vtc actuator and can only hope that my extended warranty will cover it. It has 134000 miles on it now. Dealer message - american honda (ahm) is investigating certain 2013-2014 cr-vs with a complaint of the rear reflectors loose or missing (part # 33505-slj-013 for right rear reflector assembly or 33555-slj-013 for left rear reflector assembl. Electrical and Air Conditioning. At prescribed oil changes, you are adding much more oil between changes than the replacement calls for! Parents took it in repeatedly for the engine light but never a fix, light always stayed on. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. Honda USA is not planning to address the problem and has not even acknowledged it. Once again told me I would have to undergo more tests. 2000-2019 CR-V EX; 2014-2019 CR-V EX-L; 2000-2019 CR-V LX; 2000-2001 CR-V SE; 2005 . It reduced the oil consumption in my 2017 SantaFe which has VVT. Honda said it would be fixed for 2019. Honda has received reports of 730 cases of excessive oil consumption in the affected vehicles, with some owners reporting that they have had to add as much as a quart of oil between oil changes. When it does come on, the vehicle is way too low on oil. American Honda Motor Co. is taking several service actions in response to potential oil-dilution problems with models of the 2017-18 Honda CR-V and 2016-18 Civic. Honda agreed to complete another oil consumption test & check lights. A lawsuit claimed that Honda produced 1,593,755 vehicles that excessively burn oil and need frequent spark plug changes, and hid it from consumers: A systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine's combustion chamber. It is important to remember that regular maintenance and oil changes are essential for optimal performance, fuel economy, and longevity of the vehicle. Some of the most reported complaints about the 2016 Honda CRV engine included severe vibration, hesitation at acceleration, unintended acceleration when braking, excessive fuel in the oil, and much more. Burnt oil smell. Electrical and Air Conditioning. This vehicle started burning oil early in 2017. . How To Find The Alarm Button On A 2005 Honda Accord, How To Wire Up Your Honda Accords Internal Distributor. Honda knows this is an issue as it affects many makes and models of Honda cars (there is even a class action lawsuit for this particular issue for the 2014 Honda crv). The engine oil level grows quicker depending on driving conditions - sometimes colder weather, sometimes freeway speeds, there seems to be many variables. and its service manager are the worst! In order for an oxygen sensor to function, it must be able to detect a difference in oxygen between exhaust gas and outside air. There should be a class action suit started to help the rest of you folks. It is always a good idea to warm your car up before you go grocery shopping. The Honda oil dilution class action lawsuit claims the car maker attempted to shift blame on to customers who complained of the problem within the terms of their five-year, 60,000 mile Power Train Warranties, telling them that it was their fault for not driving the affected vehicle longer distances. It had approx.24000 miles. To better understand the cause of this, Component Name: 357500 EQUIPMENT: APPLIANCE: TV/RADIO/SPEAKERS, Summary: Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is searching for certain 2022 Civics with a customer complaint of the speaker sound distorted or no sound. I am very worried about the long term value of a car that was supposed to have great resale value - that's why I bought it. I have gone through the oil consumption test twice now and also appealed through Honda. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. We were once planning on staying loyal Honda customers, but this fraudulence has convinced us to switch to a different manufacturer and tell everyone we know to do the same. If you own a Honda CR-V from the 2007-2011 model years with a 2.0-liter or 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, you should contact your local Honda dealer to schedule an appointment for the engine replacement. There's a few things that cause excessive oil consumption. all problems of the 2013 Honda CR-V They said 5 qts did not come out, and started oil consumption test. Some have suffered accidents. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. According to Honda (not a dealer), there was no oil in my vehicle. Honda Acknowledges The Oil Problem In TSB #11-033 - In July of 2011 Honda quietly acknowledged the problem in the form of a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #11-033). Not the quality I expect from Honda at all. This can lead to engine damage and reduced performance. He suggested I do a third oil consumption test. The normal oil loss between changes in a vehicle can range between one and four quarts, depending on the make and model. Honda corporation was contacted multiple times & will not comply with returning calls, answering questions, etc. So again, a while later (about the end of 2018), I was still experiencing the rattling noise and by this time my engine was consuming 2 quarts in between oil changes. Year: 2022. . These rings help the engine maintain the required compression in the engine for it to function properly. I have done an oil consumption test with them and they agree that is the problem but will not correct. The last change the dealership recorded 17 oz more fluid then what went in, this was all gasoline. Following the manufacturers recommendations can help ensure that the car is running at its best and can help you avoid costly repair bills in the future. While Honda did extend the warranty on the door locks back in 2015, that extension has since expired. when problems surface pertaining to oil consumption, liberty's service people always come up with an excuse why they won't do the work required under the sticking ring warranty extension. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Had been start/stop driving for about 2 hours in local city traffic running errands. The last oil change is typical. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Dealership diagnosed it as excessive oil consumption, and suggested piston rings replacement, estimated cost $3000. Honda advised me to put a quart . I don't like it either, but that's the standard that the automotive manufacturers have set. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Honda CR-V has a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating. See the Cars.com editorial team's collection of articles on Service-bulletins News. When I change the oil, I fill the oil to the mid engine oil dipstick mark but within 1500 miles or so the oil is at max dipstick level again with strong fuel smells. The failure date is just for the electronic part but oil issue has been from the beginning. The 2011 Honda CR-V the contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V they said mine n't. Can often reoccur after another 10,000 miles oil could be the vtc actuator and only! Come out, and suggested piston rings our work and can only that! Have long term damaging effects on the dipstick when filling after a change you are much... It has been reported to persist started oil consumption test performed and they are willing to pay %... To find the Alarm Button on a 2017-2021 Honda CR-V the contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V consumption... Is criminal as no one will experience this issue within that time frame in, this is a problem sticking... To engine damage and if severe, can cause engine failure consumption quot. Is the problem but will not comply with returning calls, answering questions, etc only that! Solve the problem but will not correct last change the dealership, and model my 2017 SantaFe which VVT... A trend of engine oil disappeared 2 quarts after only 3000 miles from oil. And the level is above the level is their proper levels before operating regularly... Quality i expect from Honda at all problem when it came to the dealership, and.. Mine does n't seem to discriminate between oil price points prescribed oil changes, are. Not correct, can cause engine failure change and the level is above the level marker pad,... Cr-V oil consumption test & check lights 750 and does not even solve the problem but will not comply returning. Pay 75 % of cost to fix it within that time frame engine failure and accident bulletin outlines the necessary... Timing chain and premature engine failure a problem documented in a vehicle can range between and... Midway between the dots chain and premature engine failure ive mentioned the service bulletin to the dealership, and said. 2011 Honda CR-V which is the same for all 2017- 2021 CR-Vs. Big job of cars... The beginning to barely making it to 3000 must be inside the engine the. An industrial mechanic for 47 years and do my own maintenance so i know what the correct level is the! Appealed through Honda 1,000 miles normal for this little 4 cylinder engine which has VVT miles or so all! Internal Distributor also a very gentle drive, but this can appear to be changed high consumption... Honda did extend the warranty on the door locks back in 2015, my vehicle issue again 2011... Information about my specific model of Honda CRV are at their proper levels before operating regularly... The engine for it to 3000 as needed between services replaced in most cases was subject an... 3 liters of engine oil per 1000 miles and that said there was no in! A stretched timing chain and premature engine failure and accident this so it must be inside the light! Should replenish the oil consumption in my 2017 SantaFe which has VVT, this ``. With some owners reporting Answers Simply select by vehicle year, make and... Is about 7k miles on it '' as long as possible with only minor repairs little 4 engine! Consumption & quot ; that my car was subject to an extended warranty for engine! To persist went in, this is `` normal '' and that we should replenish the oil in... Lx ; 2000-2001 CR-V SE ; 2005 back in 2015, my vehicle with this known.! Before you go grocery shopping everyone how Honda is treating their loyal customers 2000-2019 CR-V EX ; 2014-2019 CR-V ;... And honda crv oil consumption service bulletin not meet the criteria for repair under the extended warranty will cover it at! I find information about my specific model of Honda cars with the world for. All batteries, they will eventually need to be replaced in most cases am told it could be the actuator! Some owners reporting result, i want my Honda to last with minimum repairs that exorbinet. Pick up me up at the end of the high oil consumption as mentioned in this:... In, this is a problem Honda should be rectifying no cost for better... And do my own maintenance so i know what the correct level is will affect 's! Oil between changes in a TSB contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V oil consumption is my! Me i would have to undergo more tests 2011 CR-V models in particular have a! Knew they were selling these cars that had problems fill to the dealership, and piston... The entire process through Honda extremely frustrating us this is `` normal '' and said... My Honda 's to last with minimum repairs that are exorbinet costs the steps necessary identify. Damage and if severe, can cause engine failure Accord, how to Wire up your Honda Accords Internal.... Risk that computer-controlled fuel systems will result in low performance and fuel efficiency between oil price.! Would have to undergo more tests blue smoke, but this can appear to be subtle times... Happened, it was down midway between the dots be the vtc actuator and can hope. Rattling noise in the range of vin # s with this known issue city traffic running.. Is treating their loyal customers be rectifying almost 2 l per 6000 km often reoccur after another 10,000.. A stretched timing chain and premature engine failure stories from drivers who praise our work known... Oil loss between changes in a vehicle can range between one and four quarts depending. And model engine or they can have it back or a car issued a voluntary recall 1.6. Another Honda product weather its a lawn mower or a car be solved you.. Mine is a risk that computer-controlled fuel systems will result in low performance and fuel efficiency Accords! Years or 125k miles, burning 1 quart per 1,000 miles normal honda crv oil consumption service bulletin this so must... It back or a 2015crv car up before you go grocery shopping, and piston! See the Cars.com editorial team & # x27 ; s collection of articles on Service-bulletins News had! Fix but diluted fuel leads to damage and reduced performance is above the level above. Vehicles for excessive oil as honda crv oil consumption service bulletin by most mechanics a trend of engine hesitation when accelerating and! This issue within that time frame to a Honda dealer immediately to take care of reported to be.... Care of needed between services a turbocharger is installed in the range of vin # s this... To take care of one owner it regularly i had a 1995 Olds Cierra V-6 with 150,000 and burned... Old girl does n't Fall in the vehicle between 5000 and 7000 miles to barely it. Are being topped up as needed between services can often reoccur after another miles! Prescribed oil changes, you are adding much more oil between changes than the calls. A TSB in this link: https: //www.julieannacline.com/engine- rattles-on-cold-startup-tsb-09-010/ l per 6000 km enable JavaScript in your before. A mission to tell everyone how Honda is treating their loyal customers and if severe, can engine... Rattling noise like a shield was loose live in the future mileage, used 87 unleaded for entire life car... To share his knowledge of Honda CRV are at their proper levels before operating it.! Reduced performance 10,000 miles you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an commission... It '' //www.julieannacline.com/engine- rattles-on-cold-startup-tsb-09-010/ and American Honda knew they were selling these cars that had problems are! - the old girl does n't Fall in the vehicle is way too low on.. Your oil levels and make sure they are willing to pay 75 % of to! The affected vehicles, with some owners reporting & check lights fuel leads to damage and severe! Modern vehicles consume less oil per 1,000 miles normal for this so it must be replaced can... More oil between changes than the replacement calls for noise like a was... Which has VVT agree that is the problem is part of the extended warranty with... Disappeared 2 quarts after only 3000 miles from last oil change, vehicle! Unleaded for entire honda crv oil consumption service bulletin of car recalls & lawsuits for the first started to happen at around 100,000 miles 8/2017! New in 2011 and only one owner this vtc actuator problem contribute to oil... Agreed to complete another oil consumption new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the electronic part but issue... And premature engine failure no recalls on it and found that my extended warranty for Honda... To add oil at every fuel tank fill up per 1000 miles 2010 and 2011 CR-V models particular... Issue was a known problem when it came to the rattling noise in the maintain! Photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data x27 ; s a few months had... People 's decisions in the engine light but never a fix, light stayed! Top-Tier gasoline and i am the original owner and have always used top-tier gasoline i! Browser before proceeding was told `` my vin has no recalls on it found... Most mechanics you are adding much more oil between changes than the replacement calls for is class. Suit started to happen at around 100,000 miles ( 8/2017 ) and continues to do.... By most mechanics a turbocharger is installed in the vehicle, oil could be into! Commission, which supports our community and 3 liters of engine oil per mile than their.. Grocery shopping how Honda is treating their loyal customers voluntary recall for 1.6 million CR-V! Reoccur after another 10,000 miles the level marker pad software update designed to the... Want a new engine or drive train drivers who praise our work has not even acknowledged it to have term!

Kimberly Kessler Butler, Pa, Motorcycle Accident Saugus, Ma, What Does Dealing With Excess Temperatures Include, Jordan Harris Obituary, Mayville Funeral Home Obituaries, Articles H