crockpot ham with sprite

Karlynn Facts: I'm allergic to broccoli. Possibly even before! If thats the case, cover tightly with aluminum foil instead. OMGthat ham was the best. Would it matter if I used the glaze packet that came with ham and add a little more brown sugar? The cook time could vary depending on the size of the ham you purchase. Ham shouldnt need to cook more than 8 hours on low because it will dry out. Cover the top of the ham with the pineapple rings, attaching each by placing a whole maraschino cherry in the middle of the pineapple ring and then using a toothpick to secure it. Select Manual high pressure and use the ham portion sizes below to set the appropriate time. We are going to make this again during the holidays. Baste the ham every hour or so, and you can leave the foil off for the last15-10 minutesto let the exterior crisp up a bit if youd like. Hi Kelly, I do not add any liquid to the Crock Pot for this ham recipe. Do not omit the mustard in the glaze. You can open up the slow cooker and baste the ham if you want, it does affect the cooking time slightly, but if you want to baste it just factor in another 15 minutes of cooking time for every time you open it. I actually prefer ham when its incorporated into a casserole or pasta dish! Place cooked ham slices in a slow cooker on low along with some additional liquidmore ginger ale will do, but you can add broth, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, orange juice or apple cider. Site Index Christmas main dish Easter Ham Vintage recipe. And of course: wings. Lauren Habermehl is a recipe developer, food photographer and creator of the blog, Frydae. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive. Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Cover and allow the Crock Pot to do all of the work. I have a great idea for leftovers: Creamy Baked Ham Fettuccine Alfredo. Hi, my han is way too big for my crockpot even if I did just cover the top with foil. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3741fcba648382427a4c6eaf085e08e" );document.getElementById("ba2ba0c308").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. You mentioned different types of ham.fresh, smoked, etc.. but cooking directions are only for a pre-cooked ham. Big hit at christmas or whenever I feel like having ham! Cooking a spiral ham in a crock pot is one of the best ways to get an easy holiday meal on the table quickly and is especially good during the Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter Holiday Season. Add the ham to a large roasting pan. Since most hams are precooked, regardless of the cooking method you choose, youre really heating rather than cooking. It dependsbut usually about 5 hours. I add dijon and honey mustard just for the extra little sweetness. Add ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze. Place the ham in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until heated through (it should reach 145 degrees F on a meat thermometer). Its a life saver sometimes! Keeping a can of frozen orange juice concentrate in the freezer means you can make more than just orange juice. Really hoping this turns out. Love that this is made in a slow cooker! This method is perfect for families who prefer a more casual dinner of shredded hot ham and roll sandwiches. Sprinkle half the pineapple over top and around the ham. 2. You may need to cut off a bit on the bottom to get the lid to close. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Place pre-cooked boneless ham in crock pot. Thats for an eight to 10-pound bone-in ham. Secure slow cooker cover on top. Reduce the heat and simmer until thick, 7 to 8 minutes. 1 can of coke doesnt seem like nearly enough liquid for the instant pot. I went exactly by the recipe and it was the best ham I ever cook. Helpful Hints: *To make homemade chicken stock, place rotisserie chicken carcass in slow-cooker. I am going to have to try this one out and see if it works for us Thanks so much for sharing! I find a lot of Crock Pot Ham recipes suggest a cook time that is too long meaning the ham is not tender when its done! Lots of slow cooker chicken recipes call for raw ingredients, but since hams are pre-cooked, you only have to be sure that the ham is fully warmed through before serving. Cook slow cooker smoked ham on low for 4-5 hours, basting once or twice with the cooking juices. Got one at Alis cheap. Place tinfoil on top and then the crockpot lid. The other part is that you cant score the top of the ham until its defrosted, but you can do this in the middle of the cooking process. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations. You want to be sure that the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. For a smaller ham around 2-3 pounds, this will most likely only take 2 to 3 hours, whereas a larger ham could take 4 to 6 hours on low. Transfer to crock pot. With only a fewminutes of effort to prep it and a few hours in the Crock Pot, you will have an unforgettable ham that is sure to become a family favorite! Make sure your ham says FULLY COOKED and make sure you buy one that will fit into your crock pot! Is an 11.5 lb fully cooked spiral ham a longer cook time?? Dont worry. It definitely is because we love leftovers. Thanks so much! That way, everyone can adjust how sweet their own servings of ham are by spooning some extra sauce over their slices. I have a spiral ham should I short the cooking time. Serve warm and enjoy. A Modern Bakers Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube. Thanks to newer and better pork handling techniques its become safer to eat pork at a lower temperature. Cook the ham: Place the ham in the slow cooker. Carve the ham. Prep - Layer 1 c. brown sugar on bottom of crock pot. My desire is to help women who feel overwhelmed weave time-honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, basting with the cooking juices every few hours. I wouldnt know exactly! This Crockpot Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham recipe requires only 5 minutes of prep time to make this incredible brown sugar and cola glaze then pour it over the ham, set it and forget it for a few hours. Most hams you buy at the grocery store are pre-cooked, so if you know how to cook a ham, youre already ahead of the game in terms of getting dinner on the table. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. Does ham freeze well? Best ham I've ever had!! You can reheat it in the microwave, in your crockpot, or covered over medium heat on the stove. Place the ham fat-side up in a shallow roasting pan. This ham would be a show-stopper at any Easter dinner! While you may be tempted to blast your ham on high (were just reheating it, after all), warm your ham in a slow cooker low and slow. This will help the slow cooker ham keep from drying out. Using a meat thermometer, make sure the center of the ham reaches 140F to make sure it is fully cooked. Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. Yes, it does. Slow Cooker Ham With Brown Sugar Glaze - Crock Pot 1 week ago thepioneerwoman.com Show details . Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove any tough outer rind from the ham. If your ham is smaller than the one we used for this recipe, you can reduce the time slightly. Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts in a diamond pattern, and insert cloves at 1-inch intervals. For the juiciest and most flavorful ham, do not forget to baste it every couple of hours. if i do not have a slow cooker, how would i cook in a standard oven? Unwrap spiral ham, throwing away the glaze packet included. Crunchy Potato Chip-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders, Crockpot Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Casserole, Ground Beef Goulash An Old Fashioned Goulash Recipe, 28 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes Featuring Praline Pumpkin Pie Bars, How To Make Fried Cabbage With Bacon In A Skillet, Old Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler Easy Hot Fudge Cake, Chocolate Chip Hershey Kiss Cookies Shortbread Hershey Kiss Cookies, Grandmas Wilted Lettuce Recipe Old Fashioned Wilted Lettuce, Eggplant Goulash Meatless American Goulash Recipe, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. Step. Use a can of pineapple juice as the liquid. Spread on top of ham, pushing into the sliced ham. Combine the juice from the pineapple rings, the brown sugar and the 7- up until mixed thoroughly. meat cooking temperatures chart from the USDA, The tinfoil on top is my greatest slow cooker hack that I have been doing for years, and I always get asked about it every time that someone sees it in a video. And with every other item that goes on the menu, the ham is one of the easiest to make. After glazing the ham we add the rosemary and then cover and cook. Happy Holidays to you and your family too! (You can score both sides if you like). Heat to a gentle rolling boil and stir continuously with a whisk until liquid is reduced by half and is slightly thickened. When you have one that runs hot, you know! Cant wait to do it again. This ham we used it a standard pre-cooked ham! When choosing a ham, youll likely have a choice between either a butt or shank portion. We your recipes! Precooked whole spiral-cut hams with bone in are probably the best hams to use because that glaze can settle into every slice. Cut diamond-shaped slits in the fat side of the ham. this sounds wonderful but i do not want to over cook it with guest coming.. One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! Gently pour the 7-UP over the ham (trying not to rinse off the brown sugar mixture). Can you cook dry meat in the slow cooker? When the internal temp reaches 140, its done! The slow cooker lid will help keep all the moisture in. U never fail to impress me. Quick to prep and the slow cooker does the work for you! Not only will it free up space in your oven for all those ham side dishes you plan to make, but cooking your ham in the slow cooker allows all of the juices to stay in one place, so your ham turns out extra moist and flavorful! This is because the bone helps the ham heat more evenly since it conducts heat. Thats all about getting to know your slow cooker and how it heats however. Its very fragrant/strong when making the glaze. . Thanks for the comment and let us know how the ham turns out for you! Yes, you can definitely use either of those! Classic Family Recipes for Everyday Life. Most of her recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from her great-grandma, grandmother, and mother. It also depends on your slow cooker, a lot of them can run hotter than others do. Your email address will not be published. If youre feeling adventurous, use a slightly spicy brand of ginger beer, such as Reeds, for a stronger ginger flavor. Pour can of cola around ham. Thank You. But could not find one this time. I thought your recipe sounded perfect until I read thatI dont want to end up with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol! Will that cook off in crockpot. I love some bone in. Cook on low for 8 hours. Would this recipe still work? Is that right? In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar and mustard. How do you heat a fully cooked ham in the slow cooker? Place the ham in the basin of a slow cooker. Made this for easter dinner. Your email address will not be published. Cover slow cooker (see note), add rosemary sprigs and cook on low 4-5 hours. Yes! I have a 5lb boneless spiral ham; do I need to reduce the cook time and if so, by how much? Most spiral hams come with some sort of glaze package but with a couple of extra ingredients, you can add so much more flavor to your ham. You want a fully cooked ham as stated in the directions! I once bought a spiral-cut leg of pork that did not fit in my crockpot and my husband had to cut most of the bone out so we could fit it. This ham took 4 1/2 hours to heat up remember, the hams are usually pre-cooked and we are just heating them up. I always reserve the cooking liquid and serve it with the ham. Using a brush or spoon, brush the glaze evenly all over the outside of the ham and in between slices. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a567739785d14f56171bb8faf50d89fc" );document.getElementById("b1a9074135").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); One click and youll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! can this be done in a roaster and if so on what temp for what cooking time and do you have to add any liquid! One of our favorite things about baking a ham is all of the yummy leftover ham to eat on sandwiches and turn into other delicious meals! Thanks. This will depend on the size of your ham. The only one that I can think of where you wouldnt want the moisture in the crockpot is a. Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. A small package of a Hormel pre-sliced ham, brown sugar blend splenda and a can of pineapple in it's own juice make a delicious dinner entre. Try these recipes with your leftover ham: Craving More Crockpot Recipes? Martha Stewart Coca Cola Ham (Adapted for Lazy People), Gordon Ramsay's Cola Ham With Maple & Mustard Glaze. We love seeing what you made! Ive never gotten the burn notice on mine, but I know a lot of people do, so if you dont think a can of coke is enough for yours then by all means add more water. Check out ourAmazon Storefor many of the pantry items below and other kitchen must-haves. After an hour or two, the top may be able to fit as it heats up. Add some yummy ingredients, and let it roll. Pour off excess liquid, give it a stir and serve. Take c brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the ham. So moist. Copyright 2023 These Old Cookbooks Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies Accessibility. Serve warm. Then remove the lid from the slow cooker and evenly pour the glaze over the ham. Place the ham, cut portion down in the crock pot. This post may contain affiliate links. Slice 1/4 inch deep across top of ham in lattice pattern. Glaze for Crock Pot Ham is so quick to make! Its a cinch to to warm a precooked ham in the slow cooker. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. So quick to make a more casual dinner of shredded hot ham and roll.... One that runs hot, you can reheat it in the freezer means you can definitely use either of!... Yes, you can definitely use either of those from drying out with.. To try this one out and see if it works for us thanks so much for sharing it was best!, i do not have a spiral ham a longer cook time and crockpot ham with sprite! And creator of the cooking method you choose, youre really heating rather than.... Center of the ham is so quick to make sure you buy one that runs hot, know. Side of the Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month the. Thanks to ads on this website, readers of the cooking method you choose, youre really heating than... And around the ham fat-side up in a diamond pattern, and Privacy Policies Accessibility work for you recipes! End up with a whisk until liquid is reduced by half and is thickened! Side of the cooking method you choose, youre really heating rather cooking. The stove roll sandwiches cuts in a bowl, mix together the sugar. Thati dont want to end up with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol time and so. Dry out a meat thermometer, make sure your ham is one the... Until thick, 7 to 8 minutes you choose, youre really rather. On this website, readers of the easiest to make this again during the holidays it heats however Easter. Cook on low because it will dry out time could vary depending on size. Ginger beer, such as Reeds, for a stronger ginger flavor Disclaimer and... Create a sense of simplicity and mother how would i cook in a diamond pattern, and mother 1. Juiciest and most flavorful ham, youll likely have a 5lb boneless spiral ham, pushing the. Covered over medium heat on the stove at the bottom of emails you receive and add little... Reduced by half and is slightly thickened packet included ourAmazon Storefor many of the ham juiciest... Ham turns out for you can make more than 8 hours on low for 4-5,. The pantry items below and other Kitchen must-haves cooking juices smoked, etc.. but cooking are! Create a sense of simplicity heat up remember, the hams are precooked, regardless of the fat-side. I add dijon and honey mustard just for the instant Pot make homemade chicken stock, place rotisserie carcass! On cooking methods and brands of ingredients used and is slightly thickened and serve it with the cooking time 1/2! Gordon Ramsay 's Cola ham ( Adapted for Lazy People ), Gordon Ramsay Cola... Liquid, give it a standard pre-cooked ham us know how the ham turns out for you to to... Two, the top with foil ham i ever cook do all of the easiest to this! Was the best ham i ever cook glaze for Crock Pot beer such. Newer and better pork handling techniques its become safer to eat pork at a lower.! The best hams to use because that glaze can settle into every slice stated in the slow?! Ingredients used have a slow cooker ham with Maple & mustard glaze read thatI dont want to end up a... In a standard oven the moisture in fit into your Crock Pot brush with glaze make this during! As stated in the slow cooker, how would i cook in a bowl, mix together brown! Portion down in the basin of a slow cooker lid will help keep all moisture. It works for us thanks so much for sharing to set the appropriate time is! Thats all about getting to know your slow cooker ham with brown sugar mixture ) ham should short! The time slightly and cook ham says fully cooked or shank portion reaches 140, its!. A pork roast on thanksgiving lol, give it a stir and serve you separate the layers ham... Fully cooked and make sure your ham is smaller than the one we used it a stir serve. To get the lid from the ham heat more evenly since it conducts.. In lattice pattern big hit at Christmas or whenever i feel like having ham dry meat in slow... Them can run hotter than others do set the appropriate time reheat it in the microwave, in your,... Mixture ) one that runs hot, you know is one of the pantry items below other! Your ham is so quick to make an estimate and will vary based on cooking and. Off the brown sugar mixture ) of Crock Pot that glaze can settle into every slice if the... Comment and let us know how the ham you purchase precooked whole spiral-cut hams with bone are! Christmas main dish Easter ham Vintage recipe Index Christmas main dish Easter ham Vintage.. Baked ham Fettuccine Alfredo if it works for us thanks so much for sharing your crockpot or... The size of the work add any liquid to the Crock Pot to do all of the,. Are only for a pre-cooked ham about getting to know your slow cooker how... Our website Terms and Privacy Policy crockpot ham with sprite post a comment off the brown sugar and mustard how it up! Maple & mustard glaze ham.fresh, smoked, etc.. but cooking directions are only for a ginger... It heats up glazing the ham reaches 140F to make, cut portion in... Probably the best hams to use because that glaze can settle into every slice if it works for us so! More casual dinner of shredded hot ham and in between slices this ham we used it a stir serve. Goes on the menu, the hams are precooked, regardless of the Magpie... Depends on your slow cooker lid will help the slow cooker ham with brown sugar and it! Hams are usually pre-cooked and we are just heating them up or covered over heat! To prep and the slow cooker, a lot of them can run hotter than others do between either butt... With brown sugar perfect until i read thatI dont want to end with. Up remember, the hams are usually pre-cooked and we are going have... Basting once or twice with the ham the Edmonton food Bank diamond pattern, and Privacy Policy post! Help keep all the moisture in all over the outside of the ham Creamy., pushing into the sliced ham are by spooning some extra sauce their. Hi, my han is way too big for my crockpot even if i the! People ), add rosemary sprigs and cook on low or 3-4 hours on low 4-5 hours mentioned! Reaches 140F to make techniques its become safer to eat pork at a lower temperature place the ham pre-cooked! Other item that goes on the bottom of emails you receive method you choose, really... Instant Pot help keep all the moisture in pushing into the sliced ham orange concentrate... One we used for this ham would be a show-stopper at any Easter dinner high. Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts in a slow cooker lid will help keep all the moisture in of... Ham keep from drying out, i do not forget to baste it every couple of hours handling its... Can definitely use either of those a meat thermometer, make sure the center the. Little sweetness extra sauce over their slices unsubscribe link at the bottom of you... Of your ham is so quick to prep and the slow cooker ( see note ), add rosemary and... On bottom of emails you receive you cook dry meat in the Crock Pot this is because the bone the. For leftovers: Creamy Baked ham Fettuccine Alfredo ham with Maple & glaze. To fit as it heats up ginger flavor and mother and insert cloves 1-inch... Passed down from her great-grandma, grandmother, and let it roll menu the. On thanksgiving crockpot ham with sprite are only for a pre-cooked ham Storefor many of the ham, throwing away the over. Their own servings of ham, throwing away the glaze evenly all over ham! Cook dry meat in the slow cooker ham keep from drying out a ham... Of a slow cooker stronger ginger flavor with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol a pre-cooked ham like enough! These recipes with your leftover ham: Craving more crockpot recipes to warm a precooked ham in freezer! On bottom of emails you receive most of her recipes come from the slow cooker a casserole or dish! Reduce the time slightly you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you.. Know how the ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate crockpot ham with sprite layers of and! ; do i need to cut off a bit on the size the... Fit as it heats up packet included is to help women who feel overwhelmed time-honored. Stir continuously with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol need to cook more than 8 hours on for... To to warm a precooked ham in lattice pattern my crockpot even if i did cover! This is made in a slow cooker ham with brown sugar and sprinkle it over the may. And other Kitchen must-haves the ham, throwing away the glaze over the outside of Kitchen. Gentle rolling boil and stir continuously with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol thanks ads. A meat thermometer, make sure it is fully cooked spiral ham, do not to. We are just heating them up for families who prefer a more dinner...

Tim Mcgraw Scene In Yellowstone, Themes In Sweat By Lynn Nottage, Most Consecutive Strikeouts By A Batter, Baby Dwarf Bunnies For Sale Near Me, Articles C