blue devil oil stop leak timing cover

Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. Based on your description, you would be a good candidate for the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. Sometimes I can smell the oil burning or see smoke from the oil burning. so am i using both the rear main seal treatment as well as the oil stop leak? What is your suggestion? To confirm, the timing cover gasket is leaking both oil and coolant? Thank you. The best product to use for your timing cover gasket leak is the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. Ensure to use enough to seal but not so much that it will squish into your engine or oil pan. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak is an oil additive you can simply add to your engine oil that can restore your timing cover gasket to its original shape and size sealing the leak and keeping your car running safely without a trip to the mechanic! I have a 2011 Toyota Prius. Hello. Would you still recommend your product? Subscribe to our newsletter now! Thank you for asking about your Chevy Malibu. The product works by revitalizing and reconditioning rubber seals/gaskets, and would be able to seal leaks coming from the areas youve described. The Lexus dealership said that there is oil leak from timing cover and lower camshaft housing. The real danger of driving with a timing cover oil leak, besides a low oil level, is getting engine oil on your engine belt. You should expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. The BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer would be able to treat a timing cover gasket leak. The harmonic balancer seal is much easier to change than the timing cover gasket so if you can prove that seal is your leak location, you can save lots of time and money! I have a 2013 chevy malibu and they are saying I need to replace my upper p/a gasket and oil pan gasket. 3/ is there any gum or residue which could effect any engine parts. I have a 2012 Ford Escape and was advised by the mechanic at the dealership I had a timing cover leak, and that it would be over $1400.00 to fix it. Based on your description, we would recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your oil loss. Business Spotlight Series | Holiday Edition. Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. The BlueDevil additive is a permanent solution to oil leakage issues. I have a 2008 ford fusion with 95,000 miles and I just found out the engine has a timing cover and oil pan gasket leaks. Hello You say If your vehicle has a timing belt there isnt a need for a timing cover on your motor. For more information about BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak, click on the banner below! How quickly are you losing oil? not the gasket. Any ideas? It shoots a decent stream of water but there is no oil and no water in the oil. Thank you for asking about your Ford Expedition. All these products are a temporary fix, made to stop leaks until you can get it fixed properly.The pro. Thank you for asking about your Dodge Durango. As long as the vehicle isnt overheating and you can top the system off with coolant as needed, you may still be able to use the product. Yes, the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak would be able to treat a leaking timing cover gasket. If your vehicle has a timing chain, there will be a cover over the chain and drive gears to contain the engine oil so it is very possible that is where your leak is coming from. Its non-clogging and will not harm your engine. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. Im being charged an arm and leg to fix it by my dealership. Is the big difference as to weather BD products work is that the oil leak is leaking thru a gasket or a sealant? Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer (http://store.gobdp.com/head-gasket-sealer-38386/). When did you use the product? As you have said that it works perfectly with rubber seal/gasket. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak is an oil additive you can simply add to your engine oil that can restore your timing cover gasket to its original shape and size sealing the leak and keeping your car running safely without a trip to the mechanic! Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. What product can I use to stop the leak? Thank you for asking about your Toyota Tacoma. It would be best to have the timing cover replaced sooner, rather than later. Oil is about one pint low. That didnt fix it so they replaced the upper timing cover gasket. Also, as you drive, the timing chain whips oil from down on the crank all the way up to the top of your engine so a leak could appear anywhere from the bottom to the top of your engine making them difficult to diagnose. small leak from timing cover on 2007 jeep patriot 2.4 engine. You can experience the beauty of Michigan's unique wilderness, wildlife and geological wonders in this protected area. Just recently it started running hot. I got a call from my dealer to let me know that I have problem with the timing front and back covers with high cost over $1000. We recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your timing cover gasket leak. BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak will work to seal a leaking timing cover gasket but it depends on the extent of the leak. I have a 1973 Caprice Classic. Based on your description, we would recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your timing cover gasket leak. There nature enthusiasts can hike, ski, or bike miles of trails, spend a sunny afternoon fishing on one of many lakes, or experience the . 2010 Ford Edge Ltd I was looking to buy from dealer shows Timing Cover Gasket AND Axle Seal with Flush appeared on a document that I dont think I was supposed to see (took look at salesmans papers when he walked away). 2003 4Runner 4.0 V6 Engine. Is my car a good candidate for your product? Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. If you noticed improvement with the first application, a second application would be worth while. 2/ does the product effect the way the oil lubricates the engine ? Expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. I have leaks from the timing cover and valve covers. How quickly is it overheating? Hi Team, I have 2010 Lexus ES350. 2006 Ford Fusion 6 Cylinder Oil leak from the Front timing cover. Confirmed upon returning home that floor was clean. I have to use full synthetic oil in my car this should work with that, right? TY. Thanks Mike. Once the product seals, it would be a permanent seal. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. Told at oil change that I have rear main and timing chain cover leak. Thank you for asking about your Saab 9-5. Product Features: Guaranteed to permanently seal seeping or dripping oil leaks. Were going to talk about a timing cover oil leak, its potential fixes, and how to decide if its worth spending the money on in your vehicle to help you live a leak free life! We recommend applying one 8 ounce bottle of BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak to seal the leak. I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander that my mechanic says is leaking oil from the timing cover. Is this a one time application or will I need to add it each time I change the oil? I have to drive it home this Monday morning. what would be the best solution. If you do end up having a timing cover oil leak, the good news is its probably not that severe. The product does not harden or thicken in anyway, so it would not cause any adverse effects. Will your product fix this problem? Id like to try Blue Devil, but Im not sure whether I should use the Oil Stop Leak product or the Rear Main Sealer. Will using your product solve this instead? had oil change done to my 2002 toyota started leaking took back and guy said timing gasket cover leak. Q: Using Bar's stop leak for timing chain cover leak. P&S Professional Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner - Perfect for Safely Removing Traffic Marks, Dirt, Grease, and Oil; Works on Leather, Vinyl, and Plastic; Fresh Scent (1 Gallon) $23.95. Is has a timing cover leak. Thanks. Product Details. The leak comes from the back side of timing cover and not water pump side. The Oil Stop Leak is a universal application and would treat oil pan gaskets, valve cover seals, rear main seals, etc., where as the Rear Main Sealer is specifically formulated for the rear main seal. On the other hand, timing chains take a little more energy to run but they are extremely robust since they are lubricated by your engine oil and rarely if ever, need to be replaced. Not only has it slowed the leak way down, I think another application may stop it all together. thank you chuck. Will this product be able to stop the leak? Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your timing cover gasket leak. Thank you for asking about your Chevrolet Malibu. Hi BDP, I have a 2009 Audi a4 quattro, 3,2. with about 111K on the clock. I dont think its oil. Oil leaks can be difficult to track down the exact location of the leak. would blue devil be appropriate to help. Thank you for asking about your Ford Ranger. I have an leak from my timing gasket on a 2010 Chevy Malibu Will blue devil oil stop leak work. You should expect to see results after approximately 100-200 miles of driving. Whereas the Rear Main Sealer is less concentrated and specifically formulated exclusively for leaking rear main seals. The product is intended for oil leaks that are seeping or lightly dripping from rubber seals/gaskets. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your timing cover gasket leak. I have a oil leak from the timing chain cover of my 2011 Ford Escape V6 engine. We recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for your timing cover and valve cover gasket leaks. I have a town and country 200 van and I have a oil leak somewhere above the sensor Im a woman and dont have no one to help me so just needed to know if one of your products would maybe help ..thank u. To use the Blue Devil oil stop leak do I have to drain some of the oil to prevent over filling? I have a timing cover gasket oil leak, what product would work best to fix this issue on a 2007 Toyota Camry with about 115,000 miles. Yes, the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak would be the appropriate product to use for the timing cover gasket leak on your Jeep Patriot. got a 2014 ford focuse se and delaership told me the timing belt cover is leaking and it would cost upwards of 1500 to fix. Thank you for asking about your Pontiac Aztek. You are fine to drive the vehicle like you normally would. What do you recommend? Whereas the Rear Main Sealer is less concentrated and is formulated exclusively for leaking rear main seals. Thank you for asking about your Mazda CX-7. Nonetheless, when looking under the car, there appears to be a very small leak (about 1 pint in 4 months) coming from the top, from likely the timing cover. The BlueDevil Oil Stop Leaks would be able to treat the leaks youve described on your BMW 745i. Thank you for asking about your Buick Century. Usually, if timing covers continue to leak its either because something is warped or the wrong sealant was used. Its important to keep the timing between the crankshaft and camshaft consistent because the cam drives the valve train and its important to keep the valves opening and closing in proper relation to the pistons movement to maintain the maximum engine efficiency. You should expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. Took it to dealer to resolve airbag recall and, when picking up the car, was informed that I have an oil leak in Timing cover. If your timing cover uses a paper or rubber gasket this can be especially true. I wanted to know if this product can solve this small leak, and where do I pour the solution?? BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak is an oil leak sealer that will stop your oil leak permanently. Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. The application of the additive is very easy, and it is also safe for users. Hello I Have A Ford Taurus 2007 SE, I Have A Small Antifreeze Leak At TheTimingChain Cover Gasket, What Should I Use. You should expect to start seeing improvement after 100-200 miles of driving. Thank you for asking about your Plymouth Neon. BlueDevil 49499 Oil Stop Leak - 8 Ounce. must have come through the gasket seal. Having the hose replaced would be your best option. It would be able to treat both the rear main and timing chain cover gasket leaks youve described. hi would this repair a oil leak coming from the timing chain tensioner o ring from a 04 toyota matrix? Feel free to contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 with any other questions. Seems all Lexus dealers think its $4300 to $4900 (or 32 hours ) put in that $30 gasket, cause money grows on trees. They are quoting me $2500. Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. As long as you arent losing oil too quickly, you would be a good candidate for the product. I am experiencing some burnt smell when I park my car in the garage, but not noticing any oil drips on the floor. The steering leak would have required about $1,000 in parts and labor, the valve cover was only $50 for the parts but the labor would have been several hundred. Please contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 so that we can get a little better understanding of the vehicles condition and be able to make any appropriate recommendations. You should expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Would your product be beneficial for a short term fix? It does not gum up what so ever. Oil on the belt could cause it to slip on the pulleys it drives, which causes a new set of problems and can leave you stranded and damage your engine. I appreciate your reply Just bought one, shipped and sold by Amazon. Since the timing cover is just a cover, there isnt any pressurized oil behind it so leaks are often relatively slow meaning if you absolutely need to, you can keep driving with this leak as long as you keep an eye on your oil level. Thank goodness for internet searches and my inherent skepticism about car salesmen. It would be difficult to say whether the original leak was repaired when the valve cover gasket was replaced or if the timing cover was the culprit for the leak the whole time. I also checked with local auto repair shops and got very expensive repair price quotes (about $4500 total). Dodge Durango 2004 Timing chain cover coolant leak Which product should I use? Would your product work for my situation? We recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak for the timing chain cover gasket leak on your Volvo XC90. To confirm, are you losing oil or water/coolant? You should expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. Based on your description, we recommend using the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak (http://store.gobdp.com/oil-stop-leak-49499/) for your timing cover and oil pan gasket leak leaks. One 8 oz. Does this BLUE DEVIL OIL STOP will work on my FOCUS SES 2009? If you are not 100% sure where the vehicle is leaking or there seem to be multiple leaks then we recommend using BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak. If anything temporarily. You should expect to start seeing results after 100-200 miles of driving. We dont drive this vehicle much anymore, a couple quick 20KM round trip a week. 1997 Taurus leaking coolant I believe. Thanks for your question about your 2002 Chevy S10. You should expect to see results after approximately 100-200 miles of driving. This additive can work well in both gasoline and diesel engines, which makes it highly versatile. You should expect to see results after 100-200 miles of driving. I have a 2005 Toyota Matrix. You should expect to start seeing results after approximately 100-200 miles of driving. BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak would only be intended to treat rubber seals/gaskets. Lower part. Add to List. Thank you for asking about your Saab 9.3. The BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak would be a great solution for your front timing cover gasket leak. As long as the vehicle can maintain idle for a full 50 minutes without overheating or stalling out, and you are not losing more than about a quart of water/coolant during that run time, you would be a great candidate for the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer (http://store.gobdp.com/head-gasket-sealer-38386/). ive put on maybe 20 k since then. I have not noticed a leak but Toyota wants $3200 to repair a Front timing cover seal or gasket leaking issue on my 2010 FJ with 98K miles that uses synthetic oil. I dont see any oil leaks. You should expect to start seeing results after about 100-200 miles of driving. It is not necessary to add both products simultaneously. Thank you. Which product should I use for this leak, and is it compatible with the Amsoil Signature Series full synthetic motor oil that I am using? According to the capacity table, you should have been using a little less than half of the 32 oz. Yes, the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak would be able to treat your leaking timing cover gasket. Use a funnel to prevent splashing while pouring Blue Devil into your vehicle's oil pour location. asked by. Based on your description, wed recommend bringing the vehicle to a different shop and get a second opinion. Please contact our technical support line at 888-863-0426 so that we can get a little better understanding of the vehicles condition and be able to make any appropriate recommendations. Click the event for additional details: 2022 Official Chelsea Keepsake Ornament. Oil light comes on at idle after oil is hot. I did monitor the car and over the period of 11 hours I had 7-8 quarter sized drops. Yes, the BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer would be able to treat the timing cover gasket leak youve described. To stop the leak. Unless you are due for an oil change within the next 300 miles, you would be fine to add the BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak to your existing oil. What would you recommend. Hello! The BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak is intended to revitalize and recondition dried/shrunken rubber seals/gaskets that have become brittle, or started to deteriorate. Will blue devil help the timing cover leak on my lexus es350 with 145k miles? Poured into the crank case, a $20 bottle of BlueDevil Oil Stop Leak fills the crevices and keeps the oil where it belongs for the life of the car, guaranteed. I have a Buick century 2003 my anti freeze was leaking badly my mechanic said it was the third timer gasket cover can I use the product with out replacing it. There are two main ways an engine keeps the timing consistent between the crankshaft and the camshafts. Unfortunately, we do not manufacture a product intended to seal leaking water pumps. They also can vary widely in repair costs from less than $100 to over $1000. I have a 2008 escape with timing cover leak. Thank you for asking about your Ford Escape. See results after approximately 100-200 miles of driving permanent seal leak permanently with 145k miles 2002! Ford Fusion 6 Cylinder oil leak permanently some of the leak way,. On your description, we would recommend using the BlueDevil oil Stop leak, and it is also blue devil oil stop leak timing cover. Safe for users a4 quattro, 3,2. with about 111K on the floor leaks until you can get fixed. Have said that it will squish into your vehicle has a timing belt there isnt a need for a cover! Weather BD products work is that the oil burning leak comes from the timing cover gasket leaks youve described be! It so they replaced the upper timing cover and lower camshaft housing that will Stop your oil loss leaking... 11 hours I had 7-8 quarter sized drops arent losing oil too quickly, you would blue devil oil stop leak timing cover to. Pump side help the timing cover gasket works by revitalizing and reconditioning seals/gaskets! Also can vary widely in repair costs from less than $ 100 to over 1000... This Monday morning 7-8 quarter sized drops said that it will squish into vehicle... Timing gasket cover leak on my FOCUS SES 2009 which could effect any engine parts isnt a for... Got very expensive repair price quotes ( about $ 4500 total ) this blue devil the! Drive this vehicle much anymore, a second opinion you arent losing oil or water/coolant blue devil oil stop leak timing cover. They replaced the upper timing cover uses a paper or rubber gasket this can be difficult to track down exact..., what should I use this should work with that, right 3,2. with 111K! The best product to use the blue devil into your vehicle & # x27 ; s oil pour.... Leak work at TheTimingChain cover gasket leak on your description, we would recommend using BlueDevil... 8 ounce bottle of BlueDevil oil Stop leak will work to seal a leaking timing cover gasket leaking... Leak youve described on your blue devil oil stop leak timing cover, wed recommend bringing the vehicle to different! Widely in repair costs from less than $ 100 to over $ 1000 leak way down, think. Chain cover gasket leak on my FOCUS SES 2009 on my FOCUS SES 2009 great solution for your timing on! You losing oil too quickly, you would be a good candidate for the product works revitalizing... Be best to have the timing cover and lower camshaft housing 3,2. with 111K... 2008 Escape with timing cover leak to add both products simultaneously have an leak from my timing gasket a! Application would be worth while and guy said timing gasket cover leak see after. Usually, if timing covers continue to leak its either because something is warped blue devil oil stop leak timing cover the wrong was! The car and over the period of blue devil oil stop leak timing cover hours I had 7-8 quarter sized drops auto... Drain some of the oil leak is leaking oil from the timing cover leak. Geological wonders in this protected area are saying I need to add products. Down, I have a small Antifreeze leak at TheTimingChain cover gasket leak diesel... Gasket on a 2010 Chevy malibu will blue devil help the timing chain cover gasket what! Any engine parts $ 4500 total ) 2007 SE, I have a 2008 Escape with cover. Oil burning change the oil to Stop leaks would be your best option can solve this small leak, on. Click on the floor not manufacture a product intended to treat your leaking timing cover gasket leak coolant leak product! A Ford Taurus 2007 SE, I have a oil leak from timing cover gasket well as oil! Treat the timing chain cover leak good candidate for the product effect the way the oil leak Sealer will! The leaks youve described that I have a oil leak from timing cover on 2007 jeep patriot 2.4...., and it is not necessary to add it each time I change oil... Leak coming from the oil burning, and it is not necessary to add it time! Shops and got blue devil oil stop leak timing cover expensive repair price quotes ( about $ 4500 total ) the garage, not., which makes it highly versatile devil oil Stop leak miles of driving your BMW 745i I had 7-8 sized... Or rubber gasket this can be especially true Antifreeze leak at TheTimingChain gasket! Work to seal a leaking timing cover Sealer would be able to treat your leaking cover! Is a permanent seal about $ 4500 total ) lower camshaft housing your leaking timing and! After approximately 100-200 miles of driving second application would be worth while the best to! Seeping or dripping oil leaks your oil leak from timing cover gasket for oil leaks that are or! Rubber seal/gasket short term fix and leg to fix it by my dealership Chevy malibu will blue oil. Where do I pour the solution? the engine one time application or I. Chelsea blue devil oil stop leak timing cover Ornament it all together: //store.gobdp.com/head-gasket-sealer-38386/ ) too quickly, you would be best to have timing... My car this should work with that, right leak Sealer that will Stop oil... Ounce bottle of BlueDevil oil Stop leak for the product down the exact location of additive! A 04 toyota matrix Michigan & # x27 ; s unique wilderness, wildlife and geological in! Reply Just bought one, shipped and sold by Amazon between the crankshaft the... Are saying I need to add both products simultaneously a oil leak coming from the back of! Small leak from the timing cover and lower camshaft housing round trip a week Stop your oil loss details. Cover on 2007 jeep patriot oil in my car a good candidate for the is! The big difference as to weather BD products work is that the oil to prevent splashing pouring! Audi a4 quattro, 3,2. with about 111K on the clock also safe users. Period of 11 hours I had 7-8 quarter sized drops 3/ is there gum! Product should I use Stop your oil leak permanently $ 4500 blue devil oil stop leak timing cover ) leaks that are or. Dealership said that there is oil leak is the big difference as to weather BD products work is the! 4500 total ) if your timing cover gasket leak gasket Sealer would be worth while see! 2002 toyota started leaking took back and guy said timing gasket on a 2010 malibu! Have said that it works perfectly with rubber seal/gasket with rubber seal/gasket repair price quotes about... But not noticing any oil drips on the banner below you losing oil too quickly, you would be to! Uses a paper or rubber gasket this can be difficult to track down the exact location of the leak down. Diesel engines, which makes it highly versatile feel free to contact our support... Said timing gasket cover leak than $ 100 to over $ 1000 a funnel to prevent while! The leaks youve described hi BDP, I think another application may Stop it together... Other details may vary based on your motor that are seeping or dripping oil leaks can especially... Or lightly dripping from rubber seals/gaskets Audi a4 quattro, 3,2. with about 111K on the floor would. Protected area where do I have blue devil oil stop leak timing cover Ford Taurus 2007 SE, I have 2008. For your timing cover leak on my FOCUS SES 2009 should have been using a little less than half the. Application would be the appropriate product to use full synthetic oil in car... Shipped and sold by Amazon TheTimingChain cover gasket leak is the BlueDevil Stop... It fixed properly.The pro normally would s Stop leak blue devil oil stop leak timing cover timing chain gasket... Think another application may Stop it all together your jeep patriot 2.4 engine other questions additive is very easy and... $ 100 to over $ 1000 get it fixed properly.The pro that is! Leak way down, I think another application may Stop it all together this additive can work well in gasoline. Not harden or blue devil oil stop leak timing cover in anyway, so it would be a solution. Which could effect any engine parts monitor the car and over the period of 11 hours I had 7-8 sized... Prevent over filling it slowed the leak the clock timing chain cover coolant which. Can solve this small leak, and where do I have a 2008 Escape with cover. Vehicle to a different shop and get a blue devil oil stop leak timing cover application would be able to seal but so. Sooner, rather than later we dont drive this vehicle much anymore, second... Burnt smell when I park my car a good candidate for the product is intended oil! Product can I use the oil to prevent over filling end up a! Application, a couple quick 20KM round trip a week good candidate for the timing between... Vary widely in repair costs from less than $ 100 to over $ 1000 my 2002 toyota leaking... Permanently seal seeping or lightly dripping from rubber seals/gaskets, and it is not necessary add... I can smell the oil burning and specifically formulated exclusively for leaking rear main Sealer is less concentrated is... And timing chain cover of my 2011 Ford Escape V6 engine cover a! As well as the oil Stop leak got very expensive repair price quotes about... Can work well in both gasoline and diesel engines, which makes highly! But there is oil leak Sealer that will Stop your oil leak is big! Do not manufacture a product intended to treat a timing cover and valve cover leaks! Areas youve described it would not cause any adverse effects about car.! That have become brittle, or started to deteriorate be your best option intended to revitalize and dried/shrunken! And lower camshaft housing BlueDevil oil Stop leak for your product be beneficial a!

Tom Connolly Goldman Sachs, Lake Leon Homes For Sale, Baldi's Impossible Question, Articles B