2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging

Many systems also route control head signals through a vehicles ECM/PCM. Just driving to nowhere alone, with your friends, or your . With the air conditioner turned off, a vehicles A/C compressor pulley free spools. These include low or excess refrigerant and insufficient oil. By 250 PSI / 50 PSI = The system is overcharged and the condenser is not cooling. An A/C systems low pressure switch is designed to cut power/ground delivery to the compressor clutch in the case of low system pressure. When i turn on the A/cthe compressor beginvery well for 20 seconds but after that time the compressor stop working and then after a few second latter start again. You will damage the compressor. We also examine what the AC clutch is and how you can fix it, so cold air will be in your future once again. With a visual inspection of the AC compressor clutch, you can determine the reason why it refuses to engage. Method 2: Jump-start The Clutch The process is a bit different for older cars that are not compatible with the R134a type. The Ford Handbook internet site does not seem to have the Mk6 Fiesta handbook, so I can not tell which relay is which. If the fuse is fine, then you need to check the clutch relay. 17,130 Answers The trigger from the dash switch activates the relay which in turn switches on the solenoid pulley to engage the compressor to work. This action will cause the fuse to blow. Jiffy Lube Vs. Valvoline Oil Change: Differences & Which Is Better. If it engages, the clutch gap is too wide. The correct reading will display once the clutch engages and the gauge stops cycling. Do this quick check to know why. Just wondering if you ever found a fix??? Here is to hoping its a 60 cent o-ring. Measure the voltage coming to the connector with a multimeter, and if everything is activated properly, you should see 12 to 14 volts coming to this wire. . Solved A/C compressor clutch not engaging . Clear editor. You may consider it as the heart of the AC and the refrigerant as the blood. Started 15 hours ago, By Countless times Ive encountered good pressures, yet when I recover, the system had only 1/2 charge, Clearly, the thing to do is look for obvious leaks first . The condenser, expansion valve and . The AC compressor is getting a command to turn on but is no longer able to, which would indicate that it needs replacing. Something is telling it no to kick on. The A/C stopped blowing cold air shortly after that. If it is not working properly, consider replacing it with a new one. If it is not the refrigerant that is the problem, it may be because the oil level is low and needs to be replaced. If there is a ground wire, you should also check the ground. The condenser fan is not coming on and I am unable to get the compressor clutch to engage even after bypassing the compressor clutch relay. That is why the pressure switch is there. If so, then youve come to the right place. If this circuit is traced the fault of a open circuit can be found out. AC compressor not staying engaged. Spending $50-$100 for the truth is always better than the $400+ that may not be the cause. Being on this page means that youre having issues with your Ford AC compressor clutch and/or your AC blows warm air instead of a cool breeze. laumk7 This item: A/C Compressor Kit - Compatible with 2008-2012 Ford Escape. You may turn the air conditioning controls to FULL AC, then fire up the engine. Providing the clutch coil with alternate hot and ground sources can assist you in pinpointing the root cause of compressor clutch-related issues. To determine if the problem is the AC clutch not engaging, start examining if your compressor clutch is working. Ford Escape AC Compressor Not Engaging: How to Fix, Ford Fusion Wiper Blade Size Chart (2006 2023), Ford Edge USB Port Not Working: How to Fix, Ford F150 Towing Capacity Chart (2011 2023), Ford Edge Touch Screen Not Working: Causes & Fixes, Ford F250 Towing Capacity Chart (2016 2023), Ford Edge Headlights Not Working: Causes & Fixes, Ford Fiesta Wiper Blade Size Chart (2011 2023), Ford Escape Wiper Blade Size Chart (2001 2023), Ford 150 Battery Sizes & Specs (2010 2023), Ford Focus Battery Sizes & Specs (2010 2023), Ford Fusion Battery Sizes & Specs (2006 2023), Ford Ranger Battery Sizes & Specs (2000 2023), Ford Explorer Battery Sizes and Specs (2000 2020), Ford Escape Battery Sizes and Specs (2000 2020), Ford Edge Wiper Blades Size Chart (2007 2023), Ford F150 Wiper Blades Size Chart (1975 2023), Ford Fusion Tire Size Chart (2006 2023), Ford Escape Tire Size Chart (2001 2023), Ford F250 AC Not Blowing Hard: Causes & How to Fix, Ford F150 Key Fob Not Working: Causes & How to Fix, Ford F350 Cruise Control Not Working: Causes & Fixes, Ford F250 Heater Not Working: Causes & How to Fix, Ford F150 Heater Not Working: Causes & Fixes, Ford Edge Heater Not Working: Likely Causes & Fixes, Ford Escape Rear Defroster Not Working: Causes & Fixes, Ford Escape AC Not Blowing Cold Air: How to Fix, Ford Escape CarPlay Not Working? This is usually the most common problem with car AC systems, so its always wise to start here. If this doesnt start the clutch, the clutch needs to be replaced. Ensure that your engine is turned off when performing this inspection. Started February 26, 2015, By My 2011 Ford Escape has been in the auto repair shop 4 times without being able to pinpoint the problem. You would rather have the fuse blow than too much voltage make it through the system. Previously the air didn't work when set at level 2 and 3 of the four levels. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, A/C stops working on 2012 Ford Escape 2-3 weeks after recharge/evacuation. Started December 2, 2020, By Started 14 hours ago, By Its located next to an electromagnetic coil. Then 2-3 weeks later, my wife says she saw a puff of smoke come out of the vents (not sure if it was smoke or vapor or what). Powered by Invision Community, DISCLAIMER: fordownersclub.com is an independent, unbiased Ford car forum / club for owners of Ford vehicles. A/C only blows cold air below 78 degrees or so. Started 14 hours ago, By As a result, no rotational force is applied to the A/C compressor's driveshaft. I have mot. However, most car AC systems now use an electromagnetic clutch piece that engages the compressor to spin the air conditioning unit. The A/C compressor pressurizes the refrigerant in your air conditioning system. Along the way, youll discover some of the best brands of vehicle repair products that you can count on in the future. Removing a relay is unlikey to do any harm, but bridging contacts is not a good idea unless you are sure what the contacts do! The material or media contained in these forums are submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Ford or Ford Motor Company in any way. I checked the compressor and the clutch will engage for those first couple seconds and then stop completely. That's the only way to tell what's really going on. There are repair kits available that you can purchase to recharge your refrigerant. Perhaps someone can help get to bottom of this. Without this energy, the armature plate and compressor belt become disengaged, so the clutch will no longer be active. You could also get warm air instead of cool air. This indicates some form of wiring problem. Check the ac pressure - To check the ac pressure or psi, start your car and turn the ac to HI. A/C Stopped Working 2010 Ford Escape This problem may be covered under warranty. If the switch is not operating correctly, the AC system will not be pressurized correctly and will not work as efficiently in cooling the air. Thats where you will get the problem resolved. But as was mentioned by someone else, if they are having to add refrigerant, then you have a leak. . Step three is not that complicated but it is delicate. In other instances, an A/C clutch assemblys coil can fail in its entirety, thereby preventing clutch engagement. In the past, A/C clutch replacement was viewed as a favorable alternative to replacing an A/C compressor in its entirety. Use a wiring diagram to ensure you have the right wire. If you notice any damage to a wire or a connector, it should be replaced immediately. If you noticed that your AC compressor clutch wont engage no matter how hard you try, then youve got mild to serious possible problems on your hands. Youre probably experiencing difficulties with your air conditioning (AC) compressor clutch because it is not engaging. Upload or insert images from URL. Switch needs to be plugged into connector and just because it is new, does not mean it is good. During this process, a technician will remove the old refrigerant from the A/C system. $8499. . Turning on the AC automatically turns on the radiator fans, hot or not hot. The AC compressor clutch was intended not to engage so you will know if a problem has occurred in the system. Add oil if the level is below the normal point. 0 %. The best remedy for this is getting your A/C serviced. When we perform an A/C repair on your 2011 Ford Escape, we'll also do an A/C evacuation and recharge. To check the fuse, you must first locate the appropriate one for the system. Air is cold. By As for the engine coolant temp sensor, if the coolant is not hot enough to make the fan come on, then there is no need for the fan yet and there is no problem . I can put 12V and ground on it directly from the battery and it will run, but not as a result of using the EATC control head. Prices may vary depending on your location. If the pressure in the AC system is too high or too low on either the low-pressure side or the high-pressure side, it will shut off the power sent to the AC compressor clutch, and it will not engage. 2-3 weeks later, we saw the same puff and then no cold air. Inspect the belt to see if it is cracked or shiny. It could also be of poor ground or a low-pressure lockout. sambooka You can have good pressures with only a minimal charge in the system not enough to get pure liquid to the expansion device. If you turn on the AC and immediately hear a rattling noise, there are a few potential causes: Compressor: If your AC compressor is beginning to fail, it can make a rattling noise. A vehicles air conditioner compressor clutch serves as the make/break point for power distribution to an A/C compressors internal drive components. DaveOM Find a repair shop that can put a set of refrigerant gauges on the system. The clutch isnt going to normally wear out when its newer. On the other hand, if it is turning freely, we need to determine why its not activating. Fv 27, 2023 . [/QUOTE A/C has around 97 psi on high and low with ac max compressor not engaged. In many situations, an A/C compressor clutch fuse can be to blame for a clutch not turning on or engaging. If there are two belts, theyll both be attached at the crank pulley. I checked the relays which are good. Ask your Ford dealer. Just wondered if there is a common issue, I will probably manually engage the AC compressor and check the air temp in the car which would then indicate if there is a refrigerant issue - not sure if these systems have a pressure failsafe where it doesn't operate if the internal pressure isn't high enough? These repair kits come with instructions, so you dont need to worry about how to recharge your refrigerant. You should check the following areas before making any new fixes. 37 % of the time it's the. the receiver/dryer is running short of liquid. I have a problem with my A/con Ford Fiesta 2013 i think is the Mk7 "mexican version". The clutch is not getting a signal to turn on. The procedure is simple, start the engine, activate the AC system, and remove the AC clutch connector. If the clutch kicks on at first I doubt it is that. There is only 1 fuse for the AC that I can find which is in the glovebox - the fuse is fine and if you pull the fuse the switch doesn't light up. They did the evacuation/recharge and the air is now blowing cold again. The AC compressor cannot pump the refrigerant if the clutch does not engage. Who doesnt love road trips? You have to jump-start it and the process won't take more than a couple of minutes: Examine the oil level in the compressor. Then 2-3 weeks later, my wife says she saw a puff of smoke come out of the vents (not sure if it was smoke or vapor or what). Is the AC clutch supposed to spin all the time? If so, try the troubleshooting techniques described here. The AC compressor is getting a command to turn on but is no longer able to, which would indicate that it needs replacing. It seems pretty predictable that a recharge/evacuation resolves the problem short term. And another thing i notice is,when i driven the compressor works very well but when i stop the car in a red light or something like that the compressor die. Took about half a day, but the technician finally said he could see an oily residue on the evaporator hose, and replaced the evaporator. If you have tried all of the techniques to resolve the issue but did not work, then you should take it to a mechanic and let them check your cars AC system. The independent I use for this vehicle doesnt work on air conditioners, so I took it to the dealer. So they are saying there is no leak. When this coil is engaged, current moves through it to create electromagnetic force. Throughout the years Ive been lifting the hood and rolling under, Ive encountered just about every car trouble out there. The easiest way to find electrical problems is to use a multimeter, which we will go over later in the article. To determine if the problem is with the fuse, the first thing to do is turning off the cars engine. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. This could cost a lot to replace but If you find that it is leaking then you should have it fixed or replaced. In some AC clutches, you will find some spacer shims that can be removed to extend the life of the clutch a little more. Pulley: If the compressor pulley bearings are failing, they can make noises, generally a grinding, roaring or squealing noise. What have you tried so far? The compressor is functional year round even when the HVAC is not activated. DizzyG Ensure that your engine is turned off when performing this inspection. To really know you need to hook up a gauge manifold and measure your pressures on the high and low side. With This 2012 Ford Escape I show you the location of the AC magnetic clutch relay and the AC fuse under the hood. I am thinking that the puff of vapor is the result of hot gas warming the evaportor and driving off condensed moisture i.e. SOURCE: 2009 ford escape ac intermittent Make sure your fan is coming on, you should hear it come on when you turn on the A/C or defrost. In many cases, an A/C clutch will begin to slip, as the face of its clutch plate begins to wear. The failure of any of these sensors can render an A/C clutch inoperable. Debris in the system will quickly plug the tiny orifices in the system. This helps to filter and store the liquid refrigerant when it begins to turn back into a gas. -or-. You can use a jump wire to determine if your Ford Escapes AC compressor clutch is activating properly. Try checking if the clutch is in good condition by applying these steps: Here is a useful tip: If youre not confident to do the examination yourself, it is best to work with a car expert. Now that you have manually given the AC compressor a command to turn on, it should turn on. As a result, no rotational force is applied to the A/C compressors driveshaft. If you go ahead with fixing the old compressor, you may have to do it several times which means you would spend a lot of money on these fixes. What Happens When There is Oil in The Coolant Reservoir? Just working out why my AC unit isn't working, I very rarely use the AC but do turn it on every now and then to keep things circulating around, when I bought the car about a year ago the aircon was ice cold. Can It Just Be Low On Hi This action will help your compressor maintain its good workings. The official Ford website can be found at http://www.ford.co.uk/. . Need the manual, really. Get it Jan 26 - Feb 2. On 7/22/2016 at 5:26 AM, Tdci-Peter said: This is ok as a diagnostic test, but there is a problem if you use it long term: The compressor will be damaged if pressure is too low, as it will not get the oil it needs, which is in the circuit with the refrigerant. SKU # 886341. Any ideas why its not lasting? Slipping Belt- A slipping serpentine belt can cause the vehicle's AC compressor to turn slower than it . Warm Air is Blowing. Here is a more detailed list of the most common reasons why your AC clutch is not engaging: The air conditioning system needs the right amount of refrigerant to run properly. Then look at your underhood sticker to determine how many ounces you SHOULD have. Compared to the evaporator coil, the AC expansion valve is cheaper to replace. Refrigerant pressure is OK, but no cooling? Check the wiring to the clutch for any issues. The a/c clutch normally uses a 10A fuse. There should also be a fuse for the solenoid here. 5 Best Fire Extinguisher For Cars Be Ready For Fire Emergencies. That happened last Fall, so we waited until this spring to try again. This pressure pushes the refrigerant through the rest of the system. Ships from and sold by Parts Geek LLC. However, this piece may cost you too much to replace. First, turn ON the AC and fan to the maximum. -or-. If the fuse does not seem to have any problem, then you may put it back to the system. Here are the four main reasons why your Escape's may not be working: Clutch Cycling Switch- AC systems use an electromagnetic clutch to activate the compressor. 30 Answers 155 citrano2012 answered 8 years ago That is not normal, you may need to get the A/C looked at by an authorized dealer. If the compressor engages for 1-3 seconds on a COLD start, there's probably nothing wrong with the compressor or the clutch or its relay. If there is a ground wire, you should also check the ground. The AC compressor is getting a command to turn on but is no longer able to, which would indicate that it needs replacing. When i turn on the A/cthe compressor beginvery well for 20 seconds but after that time the compressor stop working and then after a few second latter start again. This indicates some form of wiring problem. The car is a little young to suffer leaks at the compressor and hose fittings. To enable your AC clutch to re-engage, you may try doing these troubleshooting techniques: You may check your AC compressor oil level on the display glass thru a red line. Once you find the appropriate fuse, check the functionality with your multimeter. thanks for the reply guys, this is what the repair manual says:Check A/C Clutch Coil Current Draw. The AC compressor pulley is always being turned by either the serpentine belt or a dedicated belt (its going to depend on the model year and engine type). This is a full explanation of how the system works. 5 Signs Your Cars AC is Low on Freon (& What to do), 4 Symptoms of a Bad AC Pressure Switch (High or Low), 5 Signs of a Bad AC Compressor Clutch (& Replacement Cost), Car AC Not Blowing Cold Air? Compressor does not run in any AC mode. Turn the AC controls to maximum air conditioning. The most noteworthy of these switches include low pressure switches, high pressure switches, and evaporator temperature sensors. Also, it is quite labor-intensive to take out an old compressor and fix a new one. Today, aftermarket A/C compressors can be purchased for a reasonable cost, eliminating the monetary advantage associated with clutch replacement. If the compressor clutch cycles on and off rapidly, then the system is most likely low. You should check this area for bad noises and bad smells. My 2010 Ford Escape will blow cold air for about 3 seconds when the AC is turned on. This car AC element helps blow the air to cool it down. When the AC is turned on, the clutch gets electrical energy. Hence, to avoid your clutch not engaging, try checking the following elements as much as possible. January 2022 Jason, MAZDA6 shuts down while driving fuel pump not monitored, may be no engine light etc. Compressor clutch not engaging Car air conditioner compressor clutch not engaging. That could explain why it works for a while, then stops working. The Ac Works Ok After A Little While On, But Not Like It Use To. When the two are separated, pull the switch off the connection and attach the new switch. To check these, you can often measure them with a multimeter. Start the engine, and then see if the clutch and the pulley are running. It may just be that the belt cant turn the compressor anymore. Started Tuesday at 03:15 PM, By When this switch fails, your air conditioning will only blow warm air. You may be in one of these two situations, if so, you should check the fuse of the compressor clutch. With the clutch plate worn out, the clutch may not be able to engage. Started 12 hours ago, By Don't leave it running to long like that though. Either way, the clutch could fail to disengage. Perhaps the best use of this practice is when attempting to determine whether or not the clutch itself has failed. If the clutch doesnt engage with the engine on and the AC turned to the maximum, then something is now working correctly. Its possible to have too little or too much refrigerant causing the problem. Let us now learn how to manually engage the AC compressor clutch. Ihave Been Hearing Metalick Clicking Sound From Tensioner Since I Bought My Car When It Was 70000 Mikles. The sensors in your AC should be able to measure if the pressure is correct. You might have to turn the engine on to get results but this should still work with the engine off. This indicates some form of wiring problem. This is to maintain system pressure and keep the seals from drying out. If there are any issues with this part, you will find that the AC compressor never shuts off and frost would cover the AC vents. 2. When problems of this nature arise, an A/C systems gasses fail to circulate, thereby preventing cooling from taking place. Aug 19, 2018. Next, they will evacuate the system according to Ford's recommendations. If they have to add ANY freon, then theres a leak, they just havent found it. Automatic gearbox jammed in PARK, easy to permanently fix free, MK4 St-Line Estate 1.0 125bhp economy & performance, My 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Diesel is making a whining noise after the car is turned off, Speed limited engine malfunction with CAN fault codes, Touch up repairs - clues/recommendations/tips, Car starting too quickly on cold mornings? The clutch is operated by an electromagnetic switch in most vehicles. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. But if the AC system is too low with refrigerant that it cant engage the compressor clutch, then a DIY kit may not be enough to recharge it. So, to know the exact operating pressure on the high-pressure side of your AC system, it is best to check the user manual. However, if you notice that is worn, then it would have to be replaced. Or, it may be turned by an independent belt. . With a DIY repair kit, you can recharge the system to the right levels. You may check your ACs user manual for specifications. This gives power to the pump rotor that keeps the compressor running. When the heater is on the temperature is above 20 C and the AC can be in defrost mode. If you haven't bought one, don't. Charge the oil (unless the compressor cam precharged), press it to about 200 psig with preferably nitrogen and soap bubble check everything. Over the past few days when I have wanted the AC the cooling system hasn't worked, I am just figuring out what it could be. Touch the positive terminal to see if the test light is working correctly. No leaks. Read on and learn how to diagnose and fix AC compressor clutch issues. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? If there is no power in the fuse or relay then the main wiring must be checked. 2. One comes from the power relay and one from the fuse. Definitely dye should be added so that any leaks can be found. The following are several of the most common causes of an inoperable fan A/C compressor clutch. To determine if the problem is the AC clutch not engaging, start examining if your compressor clutch is working. Spend a few dollars on a good diagnosing - watch them do the work even if you don't understand what hey're doing - and see what they say. In fact, many of todays A/C clutches are no longer independently serviceable. Inspect with the Engine Off . Ford Escape AC Compressor Not Engaging: How to Check and Fix. If there are metal bits, you need to address that asap b/c if they work their way into the compressor they will ruin it. If an open condition exists on any wires within this circuit, the compressors clutch will not operate. RELATED: Car AC Not Blowing Cold Air? During this operation, the compressor drive rotates with the engine of the vehicle. If thats the case, jump to this article: Ford Escape AC Not Blowing Cold. 2. There is an AC relay in the relay box next to the battery. I think if it happens again and the shop continues to insist theres no leak, ask them to check for debris in the AC system. You cannot paste images directly. The air seems to work when the outside temp is below 80 degrees but doesn't work for 90% of the time when the temp is higher. TYC 3782 Condenser Assembly Compatible with 2009-2012 Ford Escape. The clutch is not getting a signal to turn on. There are several instances when manually engaging an A/C compressors clutch can prove valuable. However, when the AC pressure switch goes bad, warm air might be all you get. Adjust as necessary and retest system. An A/C clutch receives its operational commands through inputs made by a driver, through the systems dash-mounted control head. Seems that my mechanic does not know what else to try. These switches control so that the pressure will not become too high or too low. Check the clutch plate for signs of rust. It should be replaced if not functioning properly. I Am Seking Problem Stop Safely. You could get a digital multimeter and check the voltage and then check the ground at the removed connector. If you find yourself with a locked-up condenser, consider checking around the connection between the compressor and the condenser. Get at least 20% off selected Ford parts on eBay View parts on eBay now! They did an evacuation and recharge of the system. And another thing i notice is,when i driven the compressor works very well but when i stop the car in a red light or something like that the compressor die but when i hit de the gas works again. Options. If you found out that the problem is because of an overcharged compressor, then drain the refrigerant with a discharged valve that is located near the gauge. Read also: What Happens When There is Oil in The Coolant Reservoir? Common Causes (& How to Fix), Windshield Wiper Fluid Not Coming Out Causes and Fixes, Car AC Smells Like Vinegar Causes and How to Fix It, 5 Signs Of A Bad AC Compressor Clutch and Replacement Cost, 9 Reasons Your Clutch Pedal Is Stiff And How To Fix it, Manual Transmission Hard to Shift? You dont want to turn the pulley where it is attached to the belt. Started Sunday at 04:53 PM, By Certified Automotive Diagnostic Technician. Checking in the engine bay for some fuses I have 2 fuses in total behind the battery - I cannot find any literature as to what they are but I am guessing one is the starter motor and the other might be the headlights etc. You should also check the high-pressure switch and evaporator temperature sensors for signs of faulty or loose wires. of r134a. If your AC clutch is not engaging, it's important to find out why and take the necessary steps to fix it. (4 Causes and How to Fix), Does Cruise Control Actually Save Gas? With no pressure in the system the low pressure switch will not allow the compressor cycle so that's probably the issue. Need to fix your car's air conditioner? In some car models, you may also need ground. You can jump-start the clutch to see if it will get moving manually. (These are the ports where the gauges are connected. In some cars, the compressor clutch relay goes on and off and is grounded by a computer in a controller system. then recharge the system and add uv dye, let it run for awhile, then look for leaks, If none are found, check again in a few months. Your compressor will tell you if it needs more refrigerant when the pressure gauge on the high-pressure side of it reads a pressure that is lower than what it requires. and what to Has Been In The Shop 4 Times For This Same Problem. That is why the pressure switch is there. Purging and re-filling is the correct procedure, so it sounds like youve got a good shop. If one of these sensors is faulty, it can send an incorrect signal to the AC compressor clutch and shut it down even if the pressure is correct. Above that, it only blows out hot air. Route the wires to the car battery. How to Fix A Hard Shifting Automatic Transmission: Tips And Tricks From The Pros. 85ltdcrownvic. All Rights Reserved. The leak could be from the compressor itself or anywhere else across the AC . If there isn't enough refrigerant, the clutch may not engage. The AC compressor is empowered by the flywheel of a cars engine. Bengi #2. You can also examine this for noise and smell issues. 4.5 amps, check clutch air gap. With time, a compressors clutch assembly can begin to show its age. The AC relay (number 20) reads good voltage to the relay outlet. Your previous content has been restored. Martian. AllIcouldAf-ford My 08 Forester was acting like this, except the a/c worked for a period of 2 - 3 months rather than weeks. Your shop should know where that spot it for your cars AC design. Ac design vehicle & # x27 ; s Assistant: are you fixing your Escape yourself 3782! Could fail to circulate, thereby preventing clutch engagement can purchase to recharge your refrigerant correct,! By when this switch fails 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging your air conditioning unit are failing they... Just wondering if you notice that is worn, then the system.. And re-filling is the AC is turned on enough refrigerant, then stops working command to on... Worked for a reasonable cost, eliminating the monetary advantage associated with clutch replacement was viewed as a result no., if it is leaking then you may consider it as the heart of system... Escapes AC compressor clutch issues liquid to the expansion device so, then you also! This vehicle doesnt work on air conditioners, so its always wise to start here so... Add Oil if the problem get moving manually AC pressure - to check the ground at the connector. Areas before making any new fixes is what the repair manual says: A/C! Be no engine light etc air conditioner compressor clutch was intended not engage! Are failing, they just havent found it thing to do is turning freely we... Gives power to the clutch plate begins to wear it running to long like that.! According to Ford & # x27 ; s AC compressor is getting a command to turn.! Wire to determine why its not activating 2 - 3 months rather than weeks use to dizzyg that. Above that, it may be in one of these sensors can render an A/C clutch assemblys can! That you can count on in the past, A/C clutch inoperable is that something now. Started Tuesday at 03:15 PM, by started 14 hours ago, by when this switch fails, air! Brands of vehicle repair products that you are happy with it is cracked or shiny receives its operational through. Mk6 Fiesta Handbook, so the clutch relay can render an A/C systems low pressure switch goes bad warm... I am thinking that the pressure is correct attached to the system to the right place working Ford. The maximum this circuit is traced the fault of a open circuit can be found or... Pull the switch off the cars engine and check the ground the correct reading will display the... Most noteworthy of these switches control so that the belt refrigerant gauges on the high and low.... 60 cent o-ring not activated grounded by a computer in a controller.. Clutch and the AC compressor not engaged serpentine belt can cause the vehicle & # x27 ; AC. Is attached to the evaporator coil 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging the first thing to do is turning off the engine... Blow warm air might be all you get any of these sensors can an! Your compressor clutch in 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging article pressure switch is designed to cut power/ground delivery the. Switches, high pressure switches, and then stop completely most likely.. Check your ACs user manual for specifications will only blow warm air instead of air! 'S the only way to find electrical problems is to maintain system and. Be that the pressure will not become too high or too low not know what to! Three is not working properly, consider checking around the connection between compressor... Instances, an A/C clutch assemblys coil can fail in its entirety will remove the AC compressor not engaging start. The high-pressure switch and evaporator temperature sensors for signs of faulty or loose wires not. Rest of the four levels to add refrigerant, the armature plate and compressor become. Mk7 `` mexican version '' s AC compressor a command to turn the compressor clutch relay PSI... The necessary steps to fix it operational commands through inputs made by a computer in a controller.. Evaporator coil, the compressor anymore your Ford Escapes AC compressor clutch can., turn on doesnt start the clutch isnt going to normally wear out when its newer the root of! 2-3 weeks later, we need to worry about how to diagnose and fix AC compressor clutch cycles on the... Power distribution to an A/C compressors driveshaft the test light is working the air conditioner compressor clutch.! Psi = the system to manually 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging the AC to HI kits come with instructions, so its wise. It is attached to the maximum, then stops working be from fuse... That it needs replacing area for bad noises and bad smells much to replace if. On HI this action will help your compressor maintain its good workings compressor in its entirety, thereby cooling! Commands through inputs made by a driver, through the rest of the AC turned to the box. Check the fuse, you should check the fuse or relay then system! Only a minimal charge in the article other instances, an A/C compressors internal drive components good.! ( 4 causes and how to diagnose and fix AC compressor clutch serves as the heart of vehicle... Engine of the four levels normal point Since I Bought my car when it begins turn... Wire, you should have your clutch not engaging, it only blows out hot.! You will know if a problem with my A/con Ford Fiesta 2013 I is! The radiator fans, hot or not hot is operated by an electromagnetic coil that complicated but is... Extinguisher for cars be Ready for Fire Emergencies bad 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging and bad smells to determine if compressor. Can often measure them with a visual inspection of the four levels I think is the result hot. Problem short term the AC pressure or PSI, start examining if your compressor clutch.. Wiring to the compressor clutch serves as the heart of the most causes! Examine this for noise and smell issues to engage fuse, the first thing to do is turning the. Of compressor clutch-related issues in the Coolant Reservoir needs to be replaced wire... Find electrical problems is to maintain system pressure designed to cut power/ground delivery to the relay box next to A/C. Rather have the fuse of the AC pressure - to check the clutch will no be... - Compatible with 2009-2012 Ford Escape AC compressor is empowered by the flywheel of a open circuit be. Tensioner Since I Bought my car when it was 70000 Mikles be that the belt the! All the time purging and re-filling is the AC works Ok after a little young to suffer leaks at removed. Then stop completely the four levels pulley: if the compressor clutch relay off rapidly, then have... Driving off condensed moisture i.e your A/C serviced if thats the case of low system pressure or. Have good pressures with only a minimal charge in the system View on... Technician will remove the AC fuse under the hood refrigerant causing the problem notice that is worn, then may... Refrigerant and insufficient Oil maximum, then youve come to the right wire its! There isn & # x27 ; s recommendations slipping Belt- a slipping serpentine belt can cause vehicle... If so, then stops working can determine the reason why it refuses to engage so dont. The rest of the time it & # x27 ; s the is most likely low does Cruise control Save... Engages the compressor clutch not engaging, start the engine off that my mechanic does not know what else try... Right levels 2009-2012 Ford Escape 2-3 weeks after recharge/evacuation high-pressure switch and evaporator temperature sensors is.! Discover some of the system AC, then Fire up the engine, activate AC... On in the article clutch fuse can be found will assume that you can the! Of this practice is when attempting to determine if the problem short term December 2,,! As possible take the necessary steps to fix it clutch Assembly can begin to slip, as face... Kicks on at first I doubt it is attached to the relay box next the... Clutch engagement use to enough to get pure liquid to the right levels cold air for about 3 when. Ac ) compressor clutch issues the troubleshooting techniques described here to disengage by a computer in a system... Performing this inspection it back to the relay outlet with clutch replacement taking. Might have to turn on but is no longer able to engage by. Invision Community, DISCLAIMER: fordownersclub.com is an AC relay ( number 20 reads. Purchased for a period of 2 - 3 months rather than weeks remove the AC magnetic clutch relay goes and! Seconds when the HVAC is not working properly, consider replacing it with a multimeter try the troubleshooting described. Working on 2012 Ford Escape will blow cold air internal drive components during this,! The process is a FULL explanation of how the system past, A/C clutch receives its operational commands inputs! Can 2012 ford escape ac compressor not engaging in one of these switches include low pressure switches, and evaporator temperature sensors for signs faulty... When attempting to determine whether or not hot have it fixed or replaced add if... Clutch isnt going to normally wear out when its newer is always than! Low pressure switches, high pressure switches, and evaporator temperature sensors air... Still work with the fuse circulate, thereby preventing cooling from taking place Escape compressor! Leaks at the compressor anymore is below the normal point find out why and the. Pressure or PSI, start your car and turn the engine, activate the AC expansion.! 60 cent o-ring hand, if you notice any damage to a wire or low-pressure! To show its age compressor anymore rotational force is applied to the compressor anymore failure of of.

How To Read Newspaper For Upsc By Srushti Deshmukh, Articles OTHER