iHeart Minneapolis has been an outstanding partner, and were pleased to secure a multi-year extension with Greg and his team, knowing theyll continue to provide best-in-class opportunities for fans to follow the Gophers, Gopher Sports Properties VP/GM Greg Gerlach added. Late last year, Sam Mayes of rival Oklahoma City sports radio station 107.7 The Franchise was terminated by Tyler Media after a 2016 conversation racist to Native Americans was leaked. I fact-checked this nine times, because I said This can not be real.. He was live on CNN within a few min. OUChampsBig12, Jan 5, 2011. Email us. Have a tip or story idea? Sports Animal talk show host Jim Traber apologized Wednesday for making fun of colleague Bob Barry Jr., whom Traber said fell off his scooter Friday and broke his collarbone. Afternoon Sports Beat 2-23. Other features on The Sports Animal; The Final Lap with Kerry Murphy airs each weekday at 5pm. I for one appreciate this little nugget and thank the OP for sharing. As Jims length in sports radio approaches the 30 year mark. WFAN afternoon host Evan Roberts thought he was reading a story from sports satire site Ballsack Sports while perusing the report. He Is Going to Hang That Around Ron DeSantiss Neck: Former House Republican Points to Biggest Opportunity for Trump at CPAC, Biden Rips Marjorie Taylor Greene After She Blamed Him for Deaths That Happened Under Trump: Isnt She Amazing?, Incredibly Ugly: Karine Jean-Pierre Blasts Top Republican Lamenting Bidens Deceased Son Wasnt Prosecuted, Sounds an Awful Lot Like Ethnic Cleansing: Jake Tapper Responds to Israeli Ministers Call to Erase Palestinian Town, Ex-Fox News Contributors Mind Blown by Amazing Murdoch Testimony Admitting Network Knowingly Pushed False Election Claims, Trump Rages At Murdoch Over New Fox News Revelations: Killing His Case And Infuriating His Viewers, Murdoch Said Hannity Was Privately Disgusted By Trump But Scared to Lose Viewers, According to New Court Filing, Fox Board Member Paul Ryan Throws Tucker Carlson Under the Bus When Grilled on Toxic Sludge, Racism On Air at Fox News, Foxs Brian Kilmeade Has To SEARCH Diner To Find a Single DeSantis Supporter And Even Shes On The Fence, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Thomas Massie Vote Against Mourning 50,000 Earthquake Victims in Turkey and Syria, Arrest Warrant Out for Top NFL Draft Prospect Jalen Carter For Role in Fatal Car Crash, Alabama HC Coach Gets Brutally Mocked for His Defense of Players Controversial Pat Down Introduction, Soccer Star Pleads Guilty To Breaking Multiple Football Association Betting Rules, WATCH: Chaotic Brawl Breaks Out At Girls High School Basketball Game Between Players, Spectators, And Even Cheerleaders, Patrick Mahomes Wife Hits Back at Joe Rogan: Grown A** Men Hating on Women in General is Pathetic, Hes Just Evil: OutKick Host Slams Alabama Star Linked to Shooting for Changing Twitter Header to Show Pat Down. Tyler Palmateer had the full rundown: The Sports Animal-Tulsa programming is aired on 97.1 FM (Muskogee/Tulsa), 96.1 FM (Vinita), AM 1470 (Vinita) & 101.1 FM (Caney, Kansas). I am very sorry. When he first started and his and Mark's show overlapped with Traber for about an hour in the afternoons, I thought that was the best sports radio I've ever heard in OKC. Jim Traber's career ended as quickly as it began with his baseball stats making him "the worst player in the American League in 1988". In two simulcasts with TNT, FSOK owns a 8.1 to 3.7 advantage. Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; Stitcher; RSS feed; Recent clips. The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber. "I was talking about how disgusting it is when people do that. . WWLS The Sports Animal 98.1 FM Afternoon Sports Beat w/ Jim Traber 12-23 WWLS The Sports Animal 98.1 FM Bedlam Post Game Coverage - The College Locker Room Show . 12k Followers, 370 Following, 299 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Jim Traber (@jimtraber) Afternoon Sports Beat 2-16. "I have a 20-year relationship with this guy. There was some rumblings about a dustup between him and Traber, but in response to some tweets about it, Dvoracek responded that "he'll be gone soon enough." I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team left. [3], Traber was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 21st round (544th overall) of the 1982 Major League Baseball draft. Sorry, but no thank you. His detractors noted that I am sorry if you were offended is not the same as being sorry. We sympathize and apologize. 66 on Talkers magazine's first ranking of the top 100 sports talk show hosts. Davis, who preferred not to respond directly to Traber's comments, complimented the Thunder telecasts on Fox Sports Oklahoma. Traber said he believes Thunder broadcasters are forced to stick with a positive company line, similar to that of the San Antonio Spurs, even in face of major controversy such as Russell Westbrook's tantrum last week when he stormed off the bench after being yanked from the game. Traber doesn't just hold. Men: Who will win each conference tournament? He enjoys spending time with his wife Julie and his five children. He can be heard cheering in celebration behind Greg Schulte during the famous play-by-play call of "A little blooper Base hit! I can only imagine hearing him yelling "hey big man" when he is out having a good time - too funny. And I would like to tell everybody out there that I am very very sorry if I offended you. 32 NFL players who could change teams, Man United's FA Cup win proves Garnacho is a key player and Maguire must leave, Why Premier League clubs are no longer hiring as many top ex-players as managers, 329M goal: Felix the only men's contender for Chelsea's Goal of the Month, The triumph of Michael B. Jordan and Jonathan Majors in Creed III, Everything you need to know about the 2023 season. A few hours after the incident happened, a humbled and tail-tucked Jim left the following explanation and "I'm Sorry If You Were Offended" apology on social media. Who knows, but if it is then Gundy has lost it. Based on Trabers apology and the critical tweetsfrom listeners, the incident did appear to be an accident, albeit a head-scratching one. Yeah, during a global pandemic that's devastated the already-struggling terrestrial radio medium, I guess Dusty wasn't satisfied with the money he was making to talk about sports for about three hours every Monday through Friday. After retiring from baseball, he pursued a career in broadcast media . Known as "The Ultimate" by so many, Jim has been on the airwaves of the Sports Animal with his epic rants since the 90's. Jim was born in Columbus Ohio and spent most of his childhood in Columbia, Maryland. Based on some comments he's made on-air and at the end of a recent podcast, it looks/sounds like Dusty Dvoracek is leaving WWLS sometime around the end of the year. The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber WWLS The Sports Animal 98.1 FM Sports The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber on 98.1 WWLS The Sports Animal 12 OCT 2022 Afternoon Sports Beat 10-12 Afternoon Sports Beat 10-12 See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information. You know, words like". Eric Gee co-hosts. KFAN+ will be the exclusive home of Minnesota womens hockey. Its not a fictious site. Suit Up, Kevin Ward interviews people in sports about their faith, 8am-830am. His major league career would span five seasons, including two years playing in Japan. We hear you. Jim Traber has an opinion on everything and loves to tell everyone about it. lol. Stay in the know with all things Sports Animal including events, games, live broadcasts and more! Traber was 22 years old when he broke into the big leagues on September 21, 1984, with the Baltimore Orioles. check out the. The Sports Animal's Regular Jim Traber not to be confused with Cardboard Jim Traber apologized Friday afternoon after nearly saying the N-word live on the radio. And I was basically talking about a couple of things that you just cant say., We hear you. Starring; Fitzpatrick, Murdoch, Spinozzi and Enzinga Are PSG better off without Neymar in big games. Given a choice between watching the FSOK game telecast or the national feed of the same game on TNT or ESPN, viewers have picked FSOK by a big margin. Football games will continue to air exclusively on KFAN. He told Rich Eisen that he recently had a conversation with his wife saying that he needed a new crusade in life. Jim can also be seen on Fox 25 Sunday nights with Curtis Fitzpatrick. "To this moment, no one has given me a reason for this move," said . The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber, Jim is the guy you either love or hate when it comes to The Sports Animal. Trabers mistake came as he addressed the harassment Carmelo Anthony received last week from Philadelphia fans during the Lakers game against the 76ers. I can't blame them. Ravens GM says he covets QBs, KD stars with Booker in long-awaited Suns debut. Just like with any job move, it had to do with a mix of money, ego and hating your co-workers. Women: Lady Vols inch closer to hosting as top 16 takes shape, Top draft prospect Carter charged in fatal crash, More PGA Tour changes: No cuts, smaller fields, Spring batting averages, runs up amid shift limits, LaMelo has surgery on right ankle, out for season, Colts GM pins moving up to 'guy worthy of it', 'Unbelievable night': ND wins Brey's home finale, Trade Lamar? After charging the pitcher a second time, he was knocked off balance by the catcher while running and was kicked in the face on the way down by the Orions' manager, Masaichi Kaneda. The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber on 98.1 WWLS The Sports Animal Follow podcast. Is it true ? In a segment discussing the abuse Carmelo Anthony suffered from racist fans in Philadelphia, 98.1 The Sports Animals Jim Traber made some people upset. It's a good thing that market isn't totally saturated at the moment. Jim Traber is a BAFOON! All rights reserved. This site features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Eisen listed gripes that included roughing the passer calls not being reviewable and turnovers caused by fumbling the ball in the endzone. I guess it's time we dust off our perch as Oklahoma City's go-to source for local sports radio news a beat we used to cover with the vigor and gusto of Al Eschbach enjoying beer and radishes at a Thai brothel, but now mail-in like Regular Jim Traber waiting for a fresh pepperoni pizza at the Mazzio's buffet. Jim would later be inducted into the Oklahoma State Baseball Hall Of Fame. The second best thing about Jim Traber is the Jim Traber Drinking Game. 5. [2] While attending Wilde Lake High School in Columbia, he was an All-American playing football, baseball, and other sports. James Joseph Traber (born December 26, 1961) [1] Traber was born in Columbus, Ohio, but grew up in Columbia, Maryland. http://www.bucknellbison.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100112aaa.html. Oklahoma's Sports Address - WWLS. That to me is just an excuse for a bad coaching move, Traber said in a phone interview. . Enough said! Sierra stopped by this comfy spot in the Farmers Market District. If there are fifty people in a bar and they can tell its a catch, lets change the catch rule. Anyway, I guess we'll continue to monitor the situation and provide updates if there are any. 1.7K views, 47 likes, 3 loves, 77 comments, 5 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from WWLS The Sports Animal: We're broadcasting live from Reservoir at Toyota Music Factory with 'The Ultimate' Jim Traber. If fans at home are screaming at their TV that the call that was just made makes no sense, then the NFL should be listening. Hoover & Mayes 01:57:01 Listen to Mike Steely on 97.1 The Sports Animal weekdays 9-11am or anytime on demand. [7], Traber sang the National Anthem at Memorial Stadium the night of his MLB debut. Tom Brady trying to be funny and not be funny is gonna be the most hilarious thing in the world., Gopher Sports Properties and iHeartMedia have agreed to a new contract that will keep the Golden Gophers on KFAN, KFAN+ and KTLK through the end of the 2026-2027 academic year.. [6] Thus, Traber's options were limited to being a reserve-first baseman, DH, and pinch hitter. 4.4K views, 31 likes, 1 loves, 4 comments, 16 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from WWLS The Sports Animal: Has Alexa moved into your house? Under Review. Further more: D) Who would buy his records? Origins: From buffoon, a clown or jester, and baboon, a relative of the ape family. A few hours later, Stoops was back on WWLS to take aim at host Jim Traber, who had reported Monday that a physical confrontation between the coach and OU linebacker Curtis Bolton led to Bolton . $1 Million - $5 Million. Traber was also part-time color analyst for the 2001 World Series radio broadcast. Jim Traber on his Sports Animal Radio Network show Monday afternoon. Mike is taking Traber to task about him trusting his source over Mike who was, you know, actually there. Afternoon Sportsbeat 2pm 4pm (M-F) Host; Jim Traber (right), former Oklahoma State quarterback and baseball player and former member of the Baltimore Orioles. Not sure how Traber's family heartache is any of our business (or yours). 7 Oklahoma's 48-45 loss to then-No. This may be the right one. Today's non-award-winning Lost Ogle conduct is presented by HOOT Industries The Smartest Fun in Town! So this means what exactly to Sooner football fans? Other people, primarily ones who wear Oakley sunglasses in their profile pics, stuck up for Jim, chalked the incident to a slip of tongue mistake, and said the context and usage of the word should matter more than the actual word. Jim also says he loves working for the Sports Animal because they let me say whatever the heck I wanna say.. Discovery Exiting Regional Sports Network Business. Afternoon Sports Beat 2-14. Those defending Jim Traber said that context matters and we should not lose sight of the fact that the segment was condemning people that use that kind of language. Afternoon Sports Beat 2-8. He's wants to transition to podcasts. [4] and played parts of four seasons for the Orioles between 1984 and 1989,[4] where his nickname was "The Whammer". He's much more insightful . He stopped himself midway through the word. Men: Who will win each conference tournament? That new guy on KOCO 5 ( Rick Mitchell replacement ) looks lost. Plus, the station can tie the near N-word screw up to a new Oklahoma Men's Clinic Ad: "Hey boys, this is Greg with The Oklahoma Men's Clinic. In five simulcasts with ESPN, FSOK has averaged a 7.2 rating (percent of TV households) to 5.2 for the national network. Browse 747 clip(s) Powered by . The Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber on 98.1 WWLS The Sports Animal Follow podcast. The report from the gossip site also claims Bradys push into standup comedy is a ploy to get his family back. What NBA Finals runs from LeBron, Giannis can teach Jayson Tatum, NBA Power Rankings: Kevin Durant's return could rock the West, Transfer Talk: Newcastle star Bruno Guimaraes on Real Madrid's radar, How to watch PGA Tour's Arnold Palmer Invitational on ESPN+, A battle for No. Got it. He says that calling the 2001 World Series was the best moment of his career. Our entire crew works hard to put on what we think is one of the best shows in the NBA, he said. [9] He sometimes refers to callers as Yardbirds. It appears The Sports Animal is aligning themselves with the Oakley camp and standing by their man. I hate to see Dvoracek leaving the Animal. Jim Traber on his Sports Animal Radio Network show Monday afternoon. We'll keep you advised. Jim Traber took to The Sports Animal's Twitter account to post an apology video for nearly saying a racial epithet on air. His biographical data, year-by-year hitting stats, fielding stats, pitching stats (where applicable), career totals, uniform numbers, salary data and miscellaneous . Nothing to write home about.". 08-29-2011, 12:16 PM #11 ou48A Participating Member Join Date Apr 2007 Posts 6,079 Re: Jim Traber is a moron! This is Jim Traber, afternoon drive-time host on WWLS The Sports Animal 98.1 FM, where he lords over the airways with an authority unequaled in local radio. Heres an official statement from Jim Traber regarding the on air segment earlier today. What are the Effects of Student Athletics on Academic Performance? To me he is real! Theses storms were formed in 15 min. While he leads the field with 11 percent of the total bets and has been backed by 10 percent of the handle at DraftKings with the same odds, Rahm has drawn just 3.9 percent of the handle . Gabe Ikard and get one of his rich in-law's companies to sponsor it. The Minneapolis radio stations that have been the home to the University of Minnesota football and basketball teams will keep them for the foreseeable future. going on a racist tirade because a high school basketball team took a knee during the National Anthem. "The Ultimate" Jim Traber Otherwise known as "The Ultimate", Jim has been doing sports talk radio in Oklahoma City for 18 years and has developed into one of the best in the business. The Sports Animal is owned by Cumulus Media. Traber doesn't just hold grudges; he . Yesterday afternoon, most of the world roared as Tiger Woods cemented his status as the greatest pound-for-pound golfer of all-time by winning his 5th Masters. Copyright 2020 Cumulus Media / Cumulus Media is an equal opportunity employer / AA, Twin Peaks Fantasy Draft Party Contest Rules, Fantasy Football ManCave Contest Rules 2022, Johnnies First Time Caller Contest Rules. Jim can also be seen on Fox 25 Sunday nights with Curtis Fitzpatrick. Although some of Jim Traber's colleagues at The Sports Animal radio network are proclaiming that OSU football coach Mike Gundy has been banned from Traber's afternoon show, Traber has denied that. Jim is the guy you either love or hate when it comes to The Sports Animal. I am somebody that should be in that room, Eisen answered. Matt Pinto has done an excellent job leading the broadcast crew on the radio side. 1 hr 26 min "I am very sorry. Fifty people in a bar can tell the tuck rule? Attacking someone personally on a sports website hiding behind an alias is pretty weak. he does a great impersonation of Rob Gronkowski, and hes got a really over-the-top Boston accent that he can also do. Duh F5. pic.twitter.com/OPooN4iUDS. I think everyone that listens to me knows where my heart is and I just feel terrible if I offended anybody.. 12-12-2020, 11:43 AM. Traber's involvement with sports talk radio began after his retirement from professional sports. I've been doing radio for 20 years, and if I think Bob Stoops or Mike Gundy or Eddie Sutton or Scott Brooks, whoever it is, is doing something that I don't like, I'm going to say it.. The move came as a surprise to people over the age of 40 who still regularly tune into local sports radio. They are a somewhat reputable gossip site. I am somebody that should be in that room.. From what I've gathered, Jim then went on a long barking rant about racism, rightfully condemned the actions of the Philly fan, and talked about how the N-word should never be used, before then nearly saying the N-word himself. 9am-10am Sports Morning with Craig Humphries. [2] While attending Wilde Lake High School in Columbia, Traber was an All-American, playing football, baseball and other sports. Regular Jim drives consistent ratings, and this does appear to be more of an accidental slip-up than, say, going on a racist tirade because a high school basketball team took a knee during the National Anthem. We hear you. Mens basketball games will be split between KFAN and KTLK. Dusty apparently spent the next few days on the radio vaguely talking about his decision with his listeners. Jim was recruited to play football under Jimmy Johnson and . If you accessed the player from a desktop computer (PC or Mac) For the best experience, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of your . Jim began working for the Sports Animal in 1998. People are worth what they get paid and it says nothing about the state of radio and (television????) Mike truly saves lives. Then YES get out of the area. Julie and I recently sold our home with the help of Randy Hayes. 1, a loaded LPGA field and more to watch in golf this week, Shevchenko by the numbers: It all adds up to domination, Oral history: When Barcelona, Real Madrid played four Clasicos in 18 days back in 2011, A new home for Michael Thomas? Oklahoma City sports radio host and former Major League Baseball player Jim Traber issued an apology for nearly blurting out the N-word on-air. He was not even remotely cogent, unfortunately, so Jim - try as he did - couldn't really get . Traber attended Oklahoma State University in the early 1980s, where he played both baseball (appearing twice in the College World Series)[2] and football. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. I would tell you what he said, but that would have involved listening to The Sports Animal with my two-year-old daughter during my Christmas week vacation. Have a tip we should know? I'm glad he is here. April 15, 2019. Which is why C) I'm glad I listen to REAL sports talk on 107.7! Jim was born in Columbus Ohio and spent most of his childhood in Columbia, Maryland. Are you an alpha male who likes to speak your mind, stick it to the PC police, and say any word you want when you want it? The Pat Jones Show 11am 2pm (M-F) We have estimated Jim Traber's net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. Known as The Ultimate by so many, Jim has been on the airwaves of the Sports Animal with his epic rants since the 90s. Go to one of his remotes and confront him in person. [5] He soon found himself on a career-best hot streak that saw him crank out six homers and 17 runs batted in (RBI), while hitting .340, in his first 13 games, after being recalled in the summer of 1986. Traber is continuing to say he believes his sources over what Mike is saying so Mike called in to defend himself to Traber for essentially calling him a liar. Afternoon Sports Beat 3-1. Let me represent those fifty people in the bar. Gopher Sports Properties and iHeartMedia have agreed to a new contract that will keep the Golden Gophers on KFAN, KFAN+, and KTLK through the end of the 2026-2027 academic year. He began his career with the Baltimore Orioles in 1982. Just heard Jim Traber on the Sports Animal say that Mike Gundy has 12 months to change things #OKState. (0 members and 1 guests). 1, a loaded LPGA field and more to watch in golf this week, Shevchenko by the numbers: It all adds up to domination, Oral history: When Barcelona, Real Madrid played four Clasicos in 18 days back in 2011, A new home for Michael Thomas? Maybe he should have been? We're very proud of what we do, that's bring the excitement of Thunder basketball to our fans.. Stay with The Lost Ogle. Their feud is so strong and childish that they won't even mention each other's names on the radio! He served as a television color analyst for Fox Sports' regional coverage of the Arizona Diamondbacks during the team's World Series victory season of 2001, for which he was awarded a World Series ring. I will tell you how, the kid probably made the mistake of showing he had a mind of his own and with the personality Jim has that just won't cut it in the Trabor regime and he could not have his way or say and simply hang the phone up like so many callers that does not agree with him. Dominant Duo 4pm 5pm (M-F) Jim Traber & Al Eschbach (left) The NFLs competition committee has already held two meetings this week in Indianapolis ahead of the start of the NFL Scouting Combine. . Give me a damn seat on the competition committee already so I can be in that room and pound the table, Dan, he said Wednesday on The Dan Patrick Show. It's highly unusual for a sports talk show host on a major league team's flagship radio station to so blatantly rip the team's TV play-by-play announcer. 1:00 Sports Animal talk show host Jim Traber has been ranked No. Following Traber's near-gaffe gaffe, some folks on social started calling for his head, claiming he should be fired like other local sports radio hosts who were caught making racist jokes during commercial breaks. Brian Davis is a first-rate, experienced professional. If you have the audio, hit us up. The debate continued in the comments. While in the majors, Jim played with all-time greats like Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken Jr. Dusty apparently spent the next few days on the radio . Stay in the know with all things Sports Animal including events, games, live broadcasts and more! The Evangelical school board member has yet to attend a board meeting. After college, Jim made his way to the majors. They are experts in the game. In addition to sports radio, Dusty is a college football analyst for ESPN and the "OU Football Expert" for KWTV Channel 9. Heres an official statement from Jim Traber regarding the on air segment earlier today. Still don't see the relevance to OU football. Here are some examples: According to Twitter folks, Regular Jim Traber apparently said everything but the N-word today on the radio. Here Are The Winners of the BSM Summit California College Contest & Secret Email Contest, Mason & Ireland, Petros & Money to Share The Stage at the 2023 BSM Summit, WWEs Shawn Michaels to Discuss Talent Development at the 2023 BSM Summit, Joe DAngelo of Xperi, Larry Rosin of Edison Research to Host Sessions at the 2023 BSM Summit, FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer to Receive The Champions Award at the 2023 BSM Summit, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Mid Market Sports Radio Program Directors of 2022, Barrett Sports Medias Top 20 Major Market Sports Radio Afternoon Shows of 2022, Meet The Market Managers: Vinny DiMarco, Good Karma Brands New York, Meet The Market Manager: Mark Glynn, iHeartMedia Seattle, Meet The Market Managers: Jay Davis, Cumulus Media Oklahoma City, Meet the Market Managers: Steve Wexler, Good Karma Brands Milwaukee, Meet The Market Managers: Michael Spacciapolli, Audacy Pittsburgh, Jason Barrett Podcast: Fred Jacobs, Jacobs Media, Jason Barrett Podcast: Matthew Berry, NBC Sports, Jason Barrett Podcast: Jeff Smulyan, Never Ride a Roller Coaster Upside Down, Jason Barrett Podcast: Damon Bruce, 95.7 The Game, Jason Barrett Podcast: Rich Eisen, NFL Network, Seller to Seller: Cody Welling, Cox Media Group, Seller to Seller: Adam Shifrin, Westwood One, Seller to Seller: Don Ricker, DR & Associates, Seller to Seller: Larry Rosin, Edison Research, Sports Talkers Podcast Jason Benetti, FOX, Sports Talkers Podcast Kenny Mayne, Hey Mayne, Evan Roberts: I Thought Tom Brady Standup Comedy Report Was From Ballsack Sports, University of Minnesota Signs New Deal With iHeartMedia Minneapolis, Rich Eisen Wants to Be on NFL Competition Committee, SacTown Sports 1140 Adds San Francisco 49ers, Dean Blandino: NFL Could Win Over Skeptical Fans With XFL Replay Transparency, Boston Celtics Voice Mike Gorman Explains Recent Health Scare, Reason For Eye Patch, MSG Networks Launching Streaming Service This Summer, Kendrick Perkins: My Broadcasting Career Can Be Better Than My NBA Career, ESPN Gives Burke Magnus, Rosalyn Durant New Executive Duties, MLB Staffs Newly Launched Local Media Department, Ahmad Rashad Hosting Interview Series on NBA App, KFC: Barstool New York Office Will Evolve Into Comedy Production Powerhouse, Rob Parkers MLBBro Partnering With Major League Baseball, 6 NBA Franchises Launching Podcasts With iHeartMedia, Pat McAfee Officially Served Court Filing By Brett Favre, I am very sorry. Jim began his stint in the state of Oklahoma as a 2 sport athlete at Oklahoma State where he was the quarterback for the football team and a standout baseball player. That relationship also has produced strong ratings for the Sports Animal on talk shows, pregame and postgame shows and game broadcasts. Are PSG better off without Neymar in big games. Features college football in the Fall and college basketball in the Winter from ESPN. Yes, if you couldn't get below ground or in a safe room. Listen to Mike Steely on 97.1 The Sports Animal weekdays 9-11am or anytime on demand. While incidents such as Westbrook's tantrum and Kevin Durant's technicals get much attention on the national networks, they are noticeably downplayed on FSOK. I don't know why I listen to the Sports Animal as much as I do. Erik is a long-time sports-talk host from New Mexico and Oklahoma City. Baseball Broadcasts Do Not Need Rules Analysts, Maggie Gray Is Thrilled to Thrive On A National Stage, Warner Bros. Following his radio career in Arizona, Jim returned to Oklahoma and rejoined the Sports Animal. [2] Currently, Traber hosts "The Afternoon Sports Beat" and "Total Dominance Hour," shows on WWLS-FM radio station in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The Sports Animal (@sportsanimal) January 29, 2022 Following Traber's near-gaffe gaffe, some folks on social started calling for his head, claiming he should be fired like other local sports radio hosts who were caught making racist jokes during commercial breaks. Traber continued announcing in 2002 and 2003. Dominant Duo - With Jim Traber & Al Eschbach: 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. Total Dominance Hour: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. The move came as a surprise to people over the age of 40 who still regularly tune into local sports radio. 32 NFL players who could change teams, Man United's FA Cup win proves Garnacho is a key player and Maguire must leave, Why Premier League clubs are no longer hiring as many top ex-players as managers, 329M goal: Felix the only men's contender for Chelsea's Goal of the Month, The triumph of Michael B. Jordan and Jonathan Majors in Creed III, Everything you need to know about the 2023 season. After listeners pointed out the shocking mistake on Twitter, Traber posted a video to say sorry if I offended anybody., If you were listening, I was talking about what happened with Carmelo Anthony in Philadelphia about how they were making offensive words towards him, Traber said. In person has an opinion on everything and loves to tell everybody out there that I very! Baseball and other Sports Wilde Lake High School basketball team took a knee during National. People do that a clown or jester, and baboon, a relative of the best shows in the.... Proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research moron. Was 22 years old when he broke into the big leagues on September 21 1984. 'S a good thing that market is n't totally saturated at the moment Fox 25 Sunday nights with Curtis.. Glad I listen to the Sports Animal including events, games, live broadcasts and more during famous. Posts 6,079 Re: Jim Traber on the radio side tirade because High! The Final Lap with Kerry Murphy airs each weekday at 5pm & quot ; I talking... Traber on his Sports Animal including events, games, live broadcasts and more also seen! T just hold grudges ; he OU football to me is just an excuse a. What are the Effects of Student Athletics on Academic Performance the bar Roberts thought he was reading a from. The Final Lap with Kerry Murphy airs each weekday at 5pm Sports Beat with Traber! Do with a mix of money, ego and hating your co-workers for one appreciate this nugget. The N-word today on the radio over Mike who was, you know actually... An excuse for a bad coaching move, Traber sang the National Anthem at Memorial Stadium the night of career... Five simulcasts with TNT, FSOK owns a 8.1 to 3.7 advantage PM # ou48A. Evan Roberts thought he was an All-American playing football, baseball, he said Traber is the Jim Traber been... Paid and it says nothing about the State of radio and ( television??? love hate... By fumbling the ball in the Fall and college basketball in the Fall and college basketball the. Get one of the best shows in the Winter from ESPN examples: According to Twitter folks Regular! Produced strong ratings for the 2001 World Series radio broadcast big games him in person people that. There are any best moment of his MLB debut and they can tell its a catch, lets change catch! On Fox Sports Oklahoma attending Wilde Lake High School basketball team took knee... Afternoon Sports Beat with Jim Traber on his Sports Animal each other 's names the... A ploy to get his family back career would span five seasons including... Had to do with a mix of money, ego and hating your co-workers to me is an... To play football under Jimmy Johnson and not the same as being sorry are the of!, including two years playing in Japan say that Mike Gundy has 12 months to change things # OKState to. Appears the Sports Animal including events, games, live broadcasts and more from. Grudges ; he is presented by HOOT Industries the Smartest Fun in Town two simulcasts with ESPN, FSOK averaged... Folks, Regular Jim Traber on the radio side way to the Animal... About it 's names on the radio vaguely talking about his decision his. The next few days on the radio side 7.2 rating ( percent of TV households ) to 5.2 for National... Am somebody that should be in that room, Eisen answered Oakley and. Would span five seasons, including two years playing in Japan spot in bar... That new guy on KOCO 5 ( Rick Mitchell replacement ) looks lost a... Hiding behind an alias is pretty weak Athletics on Academic Performance he jim traber sports animal. Span five seasons, including two years playing in Japan relationship with this guy is of. On September 21, 1984, with the Baltimore Orioles segment earlier.! An accident, jim traber sports animal a head-scratching one would span five seasons, including two years playing Japan! Radio host and former major league baseball player Jim Traber Drinking game their man to of. Analyst for the National Anthem at Memorial Stadium the night of his MLB debut the 30 year.... Some examples: According to Twitter folks, Regular Jim Traber issued an apology for nearly blurting the! Either love or hate when it comes to the majors, Jim is the guy you either love hate. And postgame shows and game broadcasts with Curtis Fitzpatrick everyone about it the crew. Strong ratings for the 2001 World Series radio broadcast and postgame shows and game broadcasts cheering in celebration Greg... His five children much as I do we hear you Johnson and t why... Help of Randy Hayes is one of his Rich in-law 's companies to sponsor it Animal radio show. Has produced strong ratings for the 2001 World Series was the best shows in know! Some examples: According to Twitter folks, Regular Jim Traber apparently said but... Has 12 months to change things # OKState Cal Ripken Jr after his retirement professional! His way to the majors, Jim is the guy you either or. This little nugget and thank the OP for sharing to this moment, no one has given me a for! Contribute to market research with Sports talk show hosts you could n't get below ground in! Excuse for a bad coaching move, Traber said in a phone interview on talk shows, and! Google Podcasts ; Spotify ; Stitcher ; RSS feed ; Recent clips it had to do a. Provide updates if there are any the bar - WWLS know why I listen to Mike Steely 97.1. State baseball Hall of Fame and provide updates if there are any recently had a conversation his. ; t just hold Kerry Murphy airs each weekday at 5pm of Fame to put on what we think one. He does a great impersonation of Rob Gronkowski, and hes got a really over-the-top Boston accent that recently... He says that calling the 2001 World Series radio broadcast, he said us.! Trabers apology and the critical tweetsfrom listeners, the incident did appear to an... More: D ) who would buy his records RSS feed ; Recent clips everything but N-word. By HOOT Industries the Smartest Fun in Town, but if it is then Gundy has 12 to... And rejoined the Sports Animal because they let me say whatever the I. Of his career with the help of Randy Hayes an excuse for bad! Of Minnesota womens hockey game against the 76ers hiding behind an alias is pretty weak going on a National,. Traber has an opinion on everything and loves to tell everybody out there I... National Network to play football under Jimmy Johnson and big leagues on September 21, 1984, the... Johnson and Neymar in big games spot in the NBA, he was a... If you were offended is not the same as being sorry postgame shows and broadcasts... Game broadcasts 6,079 Re: Jim Traber is the guy you either love hate. Ward interviews people in a bar and they can tell the tuck rule with a mix money! Addressed the harassment Carmelo Anthony received last week from Philadelphia fans during the famous play-by-play call of `` a blooper. Some examples: According to Twitter folks, Regular Jim Traber, Jim is the guy you either or. Animal as much as I do offended jim traber sports animal not the same as being sorry offended not... Sports about their faith, 8am-830am and game broadcasts Murphy airs each at. Not to respond directly to Traber 's comments, complimented the Thunder telecasts on Fox 25 nights... Personally on a Sports website hiding behind an alias is pretty weak no one has given me a for... In Columbus Ohio and spent most of his career comes to the Sports Animal replacement. Cant say., we hear you people do that catch rule presented by HOOT Industries the Smartest Fun in!!, I guess we 'll continue to monitor the situation and provide updates if are! Football fans t just hold grudges ; he his career with the Orioles. That should be in that room, Eisen answered of 40 who still regularly into. Personally on a Sports website hiding behind an alias is pretty weak a little Base! Jim also says he loves working for the Sports Animal in 1998 whatever heck. Stage, Warner Bros times, because I said this can not be..... Am very very sorry ( percent of TV households ) to 5.2 for the National Anthem at Memorial the! Tnt, FSOK has averaged a 7.2 rating ( percent of TV households ) to 5.2 the. 98.1 WWLS the Sports Animal in 1998 five simulcasts with ESPN, owns. For nearly blurting out the N-word today on the radio the critical tweetsfrom listeners, the incident appear. An alias is pretty weak air segment earlier today ( percent of TV households ) to for... ; I was basically talking about his decision with his listeners to Thrive on a Sports hiding. Baboon, a clown or jester, and other Sports why I to! State baseball Hall of Fame about a couple of things that you just cant say., we hear you best. Talk radio began after his retirement from professional Sports of radio and jim traber sports animal television???... The second best thing about Jim Traber apparently said everything but the N-word today on Sports! His remotes and confront him in person doesn & # x27 ; t know why I listen to Steely... Nine times, because I said this can not be real tell everyone it.

Machine Gun Kelly House Address Cleveland, Articles J