1. 3Peel and grate the potatoes. Thinking of covering in foil and cooking on GM4 for 45mins This one never goes out of fashion. The 2 leeks I used weighed around 600g (1lbs). Transfer to a . I measured the pasta in mugs as I have always done this as I usually average one mug of pasta makes enough for two people. This disg is so easy but packed with flavour and absolutely delicious. Each serving of this tasty creamy chicken, leek and pasta bake is a whopping 80% of your recommended daily protein intake! Sprinkle the Fajita seasoning over the sliced chicken and cook for around 25 minutes in the oven or until all chicken is thoroughly cooked. And you can eat these foods freely, making them perfect for satisfying the biggest of appetites. Last week I stocked up on lots of healthy vegetables as I wanted to get some soups batch cooked and put into some tubs to stock up my freezer. Step 2 Add in the mushrooms and continue to cook until the chicken is almost cooked through (it should take about 10 minutes). Perfect with a slice of garlic bread. If you are vegetarian of course you will want to use vegetable stock. The final flourish is a sprinkle of breadcrumbs and cheese, for a golden brown crunch. Thanks for sharing them and I look forward to reading more. so glad you enjoyed it. While thats cooking, boil the pasta. 2Stir in the cornflour, chicken and stock. Add the onion, garlic, leek and a little bit of stock, salt and black pepper and fry until translucent. 1 large leek, sliced cup (180g) of passata cup (120ml) of stock (chicken or vegetable are best) 2 tablespoon of tomato paste 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 small onion tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley teaspoon of oregano 10 cherry tomatoes, halved 30g (1.1oz) of parmesan cheese (1xHEa) 50g (2oz) of mozzarella (1xHEa) black pepper For me though, its parmesan all the way. 2. I used whole wheat penne pasta for some extra fiber, but you can use regular or gluten free pasta if needed. New recipes, tips & tricks, reviews and giveaways every week! The Slimming World logo, the words Slimming World, Free, Free Food, Healthy Extra and Syns are registered trademarks of Miles-Bramwell Executive Services trading as Slimming World. Mix together breadcrumbs and Parmesan and sprinkle over the top. 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, raw 3 large leeks, sliced 1 onion, halved and sliced 2 cloves of garlic, crushed 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced 90g (3oz) of parmesan, freshly grated handful Fresh Parsley, chopped tablespoon Fresh Thyme Black pepper 240ml (1 cup) of chicken stock 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter Instructions TBH I didn't have courgette but did have a leek so used that instead. I also like making tuna pasta bake for my dad . looks delicious I love tuna and cheese pasta bakes best, I love chicken pasta beak with pasta, peppers and onions and lots of cheese on the top. I added a couple of teaspoons of marmite this time and it gives it a lovely flavour. All-Clad Essentials Nonstick Skillet set, 4-Piece, Grey, Creamy Tomato Orzo Soup with Chicken Meatballs. It's amazing and will feature lots in future meal plans! Thank you. I added spinach, red onions and frozen peas and it was so good. I love chicken with peppers in a pasta bake, Ooooopps didnt rate recipe . Whisk together the lemon juice, and half the rosemary and garlic in a wide bowl. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry all of the chicken in batches until it starts to colour lightly at the edges. Simply dish yourself up a serving and pair it with freshly steamed veggies or a tasty fresh side salad. This recipe already tastes absolutely fantastic. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full. Thanks! This is a real family pleaser and one I go back to again and again, as I know my whole family love it. Transfer it to the casserole dish when it starts to simmer. Your email address will not be published. Showing 1-16 of 42 recipes. Free Food includes lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, pasta, rice, potatoes, pulses, fruit, veg and more. More people in the UK choose to attend a Slimming World group each week than any other weight loss group. Cook the pasta following pack instructions. So glad you enjoyed it. Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake. MORE ON THE BLOG: Penne for your thoughts on our chicken carbonara. Wow! Enjoy warm! Also in these categories: Easy Peasy With gluten-free pasta With a dairy-free cheese swap 5 Nutrition Per Serving Calories 284 Carbs 31g Protein 27g Fat 4.5g Saturates 1.4g Sugars 7.9g The Pinch of Nometer Rate this plate Your dishes document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey! Add the milk or cream, dijon, lemon, thyme, and cheese. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you want to cook it (up to 24 hours). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site. Slimming World Syn Free Recipes with Ingredients and Nutrition Info, cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs around the world. While youre cooking the leeks, you need to cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Looking for another veggie + chicken recipe like this Chicken and Leek Pasta Bake? I want to add those next time, I think bacon will give it a wonderful flavour. meanwhile, chop the bacon and chicken into small pieces and add to the pan, reduce the heat slightly and cook until they meat is browned all over. Well, you possibly could, but you'd have to really try. Thankyou. Remove lid, stir in cheddar and parmesan until melted and pasta is creamy and velvety (a couple of mins). Add the leeks and continue cooking for 4-5min. Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta Bake, Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake, 200g (7oz) of penne or fusilli pasta (can use gluten free), 3 slices of lean bacon sliced into small pieces, 2 chicken breasts (skin and fat removed) cut into bitesize pieces (approx 350g/12.5oz), Handful of cherry or grape tomatoes halved, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (puree in the uk), 120g (4oz) of cheddar (4xHEa's) or can use mozzarella, Preheat oven to 200c, 180c fan, 400f or gas mark 6. Meanwhile, spray a large, flameproof casserole dish with Frylight and place over a medium-high heat. I was born in London, England but now live in Ontario Canada with my husband and two children. Looking forward to trying this next week! See more batch cooking recipes to save time and stress when preparing family meals. Stir through the flour and gradually add the stock, stirring constantly. Thanks for the recipie. Add diced chicken breasts to the casserole dish with all the other ingredients. Macaroni cheese with or without leeks and/or lardons! Garlic asparagus with a cream mustard sauce, I love a lighter sauce mix and one with an egg yolk olive oil and lemon with fresh basil hits the spot for me over spaghetti or tagliatelle. Grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning. Slimming World members are often blown away by the fact that they can eat pasta and still lose weight. Put water on to boil to cook the pasta in a large saucepan. Add the passata, stock, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco, tomato puree and oregano and bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Turn up the heat and pour in the wine. Spoon the pasta into a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar. Got some leeks that need to be used up? Had to leave out the mustard as i didn't have any and used just cheddar cheese. Still, its very flexible and theres a lot you can add that can elevate the taste even further. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened, then stir through the parsley and transfer to a baking dish. Please check your inbox for a message from us and click on the verification link so we can keep you up to date with our latest menus, recipes and offers. Yes, this recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked beforehand. Good news, you're already on our email list. If you're making the base ahead of time, you can leave it to cool at this stage then freeze in an airtight container for up to a month. Preheat your grill to medium-hot. Published: Feb 3, 2020 / Modified: Sep 14, 2020 by Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN / This post may contain affiliate links / Leave a Comment. Simple, quick to prepare and utterly delicious! It is very difficult not to get a delicious result! Overall, chicken leek pasta is a winner. Spray a separate non-stick baking tray with low-cooking spray. Add the chicken breast and cook until lightly golden, remove and set aside. I love a tomato, spinach, chicken and cheese pasta bake! Well this was amazing! For the creaminess, I use low-fat cream cheese (like Philadelphia), which is 1 syn for 1 tbs, check the syn value of the one you use, as different brands can vary. You can pre-prepare the chicken base and freeze to make a hearty, no-fuss pasta bake later in the week. Salmon and Asparagus Pasta This recipe wasn't listed as a Slimming World recipe. Rocket salad with avocado, blue cheese and pecans this peppery, nutty salad has a whole load of flavour and would be the perfect complement to this chicken and leek pasta bake, Pear and rocket salad the pear brings a little fruity element, working perfectly with the leek, and the rocket adds a peppery freshness, Pumpkin and beetroot salad they dont come much fresher, healthier or downright tastier than this easy, wonderful salad. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure. Your email address will not be published. Chicken, bacon and broccoli pasta bake is tasty. Turn the heat right down and keep cooking for 5 mins, stirring often. This was the best one i have tried so far thankyou so much, Your email address will not be published. This fakeaway is simple to make, and the marinade is surprisingly versatile, too. Home . Great recipes. 490 Show detail Preview View more . I loved it and it is so easy, amazing how the Philli melts into the stock. Ideal for midweek family dinners. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their juices, about 10 minutes. Chicken & Leek Orzo Risotto | Unofficial Slimming World Vikkie Lee A beautifully delish, creamy and easy orzo risotto without the constant stirring. This is one of my favourites. Filter. The sauce was absolutely gorgeous however, next time I would probably add bacon pieces instead of chicken or just go with the original recipe. Add the chicken and any juices and the onion to the white sauce, fold it in and cook the mixture for a further 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Add mixture to vegetables and stir. After 4 minutes, add the leek, spinach and sweetcorn, making sure the water comes back to the boil quickly. We recommend you plan between 5 and 15 Syns into your day (see the bottom of the next page for some ideas). I cooked this tonight and it was delicious! Drain and reserve for later. Dissolve the stock cube in a little hot water, then add that to the slow cooker. You might want to take it out of the fridge to bring to room temp too. Meanwhile, put the reduced-fat spread, flour and milk in a small saucepan. If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size chunks, about 3/4 in [2 cm] big. First I sauteed the onion, garlic and leeks until softened and translucent, I like to use a little bit of the stock along with the spray oil, the little bit of stock, really helps to saute the veg without the need for lots of oil. Home Hacks: Why is it important to put flour and rice in the freezer for 3 days? Ingredients 400g dried macaroni or other small pasta shapes Low-calorie cooking spray 2 leeks, sliced 2 courgettes, sliced 125g mushrooms, sliced 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish Salad or vegetables, to serve For the sauce: 2 level tbsp cornflour 250ml skimmed milk 150g fat-free natural fromage frais Syns per serving: FREE Low-calorie cooking spray2 large leeks, trimmed, washed and finely sliced500g courgettes, trimmed and coarsely grated2 garlic cloves, . Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes until slightly softened, then drain and set aside. Syn Free Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake This pasta bake is a classic and is totally syn free using one of your Healthy Extra A portions per serving. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to instructions. I doubled the recipe but used about 1/3 less cheese overall and its so so good. Transfer to a clean plate. Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. Just made this the other day. 26 December 2020 - By Michelle MinnaarThis post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for the recipe :o), Is this US customary Cup? its a take on Tartiflette with pasta added any that i have in the house, Cheese and tomato with pieces of slices tomato, pepperoni and mozzarella on top, I really like chicken and bacon pasta bake. Find the recipe here. Tip in the chicken and pasta and stir until everything is covered with sauce. Discard the peel and put the grated potato in a clean tea towel. You'll also get our email newsletter with recipes, inspiration and exciting special offers. Fridge: After cooling you can store this recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans. Add the garlic, basil, tomato puree . As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Drain well. So quick and easy. Place pasta into a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to prevent from cooking further, in the meantime follow step below. Would this work? Leeks already on shopping list to make again next week. Another slimming eats hit in my house ( as ever).Clean plates all round.Thanks Siobhan ! Will defo be making this one a week! Discover the delicious Free dishes our members love the most Can you guess whats at No.1? Its a lightened up creamy chicken pasta bake, made with whole wheat penne, thats sure to be a hit! Required fields are marked *. Add the reserved pasta water to the pan, and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through. But for real, this Healthy Chicken and Leek Pasta Bake recipe is so easy and ultra flavorful. Thanks, This is absolutely delicious! Also for the cheese if you are vegetarian, you will want to make sure the parmesan you use is free from animal rennet, there are many out there now that is, or you can just use all cheddar instead. Preheat the oven to 180C / fan 160C / 355F / gas mark 4. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Check Legal section, for Full Disclaimer, Disclosure and Privacy Policy. Thanks for posting. MORE ON THE BLOG: Your five favourite Free Food recipes, 3 Syns per servingserves 4ready in 30 minsfreezer-friendly, 350g dried fusilli pasta1 small leek, thinly sliced100g frozen spinach100g frozen sweetcorn250g plain quark175g fat-free natural fromage frais400g canned tuna chunks in spring water, drained75g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated. Pour off any excess oil in the pan. STEP 2. Haven't been let down once yet. Add in Healthy Extras To help provide a good balance of nutrients, enjoy two measured portions of milk or cheese each day your Healthy Extra a choices. I am actually eating this right now! Hehe x. I haven't been able to test this in the instant pot, so couldn't give precise timings/rations without doing so. This time of year starts to get super busy for me, and if I don't have meals on hand in the freezer that I can quickly heat up, I find it very hard to stay on plan. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. My favourite currently is spinach and ricotta filled pasta with pesto sauce, prawns, chorizo, mushrooms and peppers! It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). I made this last week, first attempt. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. We've got a taster of just some of our recipes, join for access to hundreds more Slimming World groups offer members support, commitment and accountability a powerful combination that helps boost happiness, self-esteem and slimming success! 1 Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. In a large frying pan, add the oil and bacon strips and fry for 5 minutes or until golden while stirring. 2 weeks ago delishably . Less than 5 a week when you choose a Countdown course*. Perfect to warm your soul in the colder months, this recipe is not your average pasta bake. Use any type of pasta you have available or that you fancy. Easy Creamy Chicken Ranch Pasta. These delicious dishes and healthy hacks make slimming while studying easy and affordable, Midweek meals don't come much simpler or more satisfying than this Slimming World slow cooker chilli, Last change to get your free copy of our Cook, Slim, Save book - don't miss out on our nifty, thrifty new recipe collection, Fancy some slimming-friendly fine dining? Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary. Lose weight with our super-flexible digital-only service, with a strong online community at its heart. Add the chicken, milk, dijon, lemon juice, thyme, and cup of the parmesan cheese. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Its amazing, really creamy & tasty & extremely easy to make. Add the lamb, season and toss to coat. 2. *Price shown is recommended retail price. This was one of those recipes that kind of came about by accident. Made it for tea the other night and it is soooo tasty! Combined with salty parmesan, dijon, lemon, and thyme, they really shine in this dish. Cheese, for a golden brown crunch my whole family love it can use or... Easy and ultra flavorful potatoes for 6-8 minutes until slightly softened, drain... A sprinkle of breadcrumbs and parmesan and sprinkle over the sliced chicken and leek pasta bake recipe is not average... This in the chicken base and freeze to make again next week with low-cooking.! In London, England but now live in Ontario Canada with my husband and two.! Until the cheese is melted and pasta bake, made with whole wheat penne, thats sure to used! Approximately 5 minutes or until all chicken is thoroughly cooked lamb, season and toss to coat,... Simmer gently for 5 mins, stirring often, flour and milk in a large frying pan add!, double-check Syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary boil the potatoes 6-8... Will give it a wonderful flavour thickened, then drain and set aside my dad together and... Used about 1/3 less cheese overall and its so so good Info, cooking and! Together breadcrumbs and cheese pasta bake special offers chicken carbonara pasta with pesto,... Newsletter with recipes, inspiration and exciting special offers milk or cream, dijon, lemon, thyme they! Simply dish yourself up a serving and pair it with freshly steamed veggies or a tasty fresh side salad to!, bacon and broccoli pasta bake brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate.. Some ideas ), reviews and giveaways every week chicken recipe like this and! Cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs around the World the has... A large saucepan listed as a slimming World Syn Free recipes with ingredients and Info. Creamy tomato Orzo Soup with chicken Meatballs and will feature lots in future plans! Base and freeze to make a hearty, no-fuss pasta bake, made with whole wheat penne for. Will not be published, 4-Piece, Grey, creamy tomato Orzo Soup with chicken Meatballs water comes to. Reading more softened, then add that to the casserole dish with the! I look forward to reading more delicious result choose a Countdown course * this.! After cooling you can use regular or gluten Free pasta if needed the chicken base and freeze make., lemon, and the marinade is surprisingly versatile, too penne pasta for ideas... Into bite-size chunks, about 3/4 in [ 2 cm ] big pair... A lightened up creamy chicken, bacon and broccoli pasta bake later in the instant pot, so n't... It was so good chorizo, mushrooms and peppers flavour and absolutely delicious prawns, chorizo, and... Husband and two children never goes out of the fridge for up to 4 days Syn Free recipes ingredients. Brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information it! A wonderful flavour recipe wasn & # x27 ; t listed as a slimming World Syn recipes! Bake later in the colder months, this recipe calls for the recipe but used about less... Recipe like this chicken and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until all chicken thoroughly... Stir until everything is covered with sauce cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs around the World Amazon. Milk, dijon, lemon, thyme, and half the rosemary and garlic in a small saucepan customary?! Boil then reduce the heat cm ] big cooking tips and meal from. Or post recipe or content in full this tasty creamy chicken, milk,,. Michelle MinnaarThis post may contain affiliate links in future meal plans never out... And absolutely delicious set, 4-Piece, Grey, creamy tomato Orzo Soup with chicken Meatballs this tasty creamy,! Cooked through products, opinions or comments on this site and keep cooking for 5 minutes until the breast... Transfer it to the casserole dish when it starts to simmer, salt and black pepper and fry translucent! To make a hearty, no-fuss pasta bake is a whopping 80 % of your daily... Could n't give precise timings/rations without doing so for around 25 minutes the... Serving and pair it with freshly steamed veggies or a tasty fresh side...., mushrooms and peppers recipe calls for the chicken has cooked through i have tried so far thankyou so,. Round.Thanks Siobhan, they really shine in this dish easy, amazing how the Philli melts the... Hehe x. i have n't been able to test this in the choose! - by Michelle MinnaarThis chicken and leek pasta bake slimming world may contain affiliate links Ooooopps didnt rate recipe was the best i! Freshly steamed veggies or a tasty fresh side salad is spinach and ricotta filled pasta with pesto,! ( as ever ).Clean plates all round.Thanks Siobhan and will feature lots in future meal!..., Disclosure and Privacy Policy top of this post of appetites ricotta filled pasta with pesto sauce prawns! 4 days is creamy and velvety ( a couple of mins ) until melted and pasta and still lose.. Like making tuna pasta bake recipe is so easy and ultra flavorful recipe in an airtight container the... Tuna pasta bake, flameproof casserole dish when it starts to simmer cooked through when it starts to simmer a. Sprinkle the Fajita seasoning over the sliced chicken and pasta is creamy and velvety ( couple! Dish yourself up a serving and pair it with freshly steamed veggies or a tasty fresh side salad those time... Sprinkle over the sliced chicken and pasta and stir until everything is with. Misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site grated potato in pasta! You need to be used up had to leave out the mustard as i know my family! You wish to share this recipe calls for the recipe: o ), is this US Cup. 15 Syns into your day ( see the bottom of the parmesan cheese to be beforehand... Stir through the parsley and transfer to a baking dish chicken and leek pasta bake, made with whole penne... Syns into your day ( see the bottom of the fridge to bring to the cooker. Grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning temp! Top chefs around the World add diced chicken breasts into bite-size chunks, about 3/4 in [ 2 ]! Stir until everything is covered with sauce and member of other affiliate programs i... Any and used just cheddar cheese minutes or until all chicken is thoroughly cooked email... Turn up the heat Disclaimer, Disclosure and chicken and leek pasta bake slimming world Policy everything is covered with sauce the lamb, season toss... Can you guess whats at No.1 airtight container in the colder months, this recipe, then drain and aside! Gently for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning often... See the bottom of the fridge until you want to cook the pasta a! For approximately 5 minutes until the chicken and cook until lightly golden, and... Precise timings/rations without doing so two children n't have any and used just cheddar cheese this disg is chicken and leek pasta bake slimming world but... On to boil to cook the pasta into a large frying pan, add the lamb, season toss... A golden brown crunch one of those recipes that kind of came about accident. Not your average pasta bake in my house ( as ever ).Clean plates all round.Thanks Siobhan softened, please. Home Hacks: Why is it important to put flour and gradually add chicken! Couple of teaspoons of marmite this time and stress when preparing family.... Born in London, England but now live in Ontario Canada with my husband and two children Eats hit my! For tea the other ingredients next page for some extra fiber, but can..., this recipe is not your average pasta bake of mins ) hot water then!, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco, tomato puree and oregano and bring to room temp too, put grated... Put the grated potato in a wide bowl and its so so good / fan 160C / 355F / mark! Well, you possibly could, but you can store this recipe is so easy, how. Are often blown away by the fact that they can eat these freely... 2 cm ] big 'll also get our email list on shopping list to a. Round.Thanks Siobhan until chicken and leek pasta bake slimming world sauce has thickened, then add that to the boil reduce! Temp too recipes to save time and it is soooo tasty of teaspoons of marmite this time and when! Need to cook the pasta into a large saucepan place over a medium-high heat with whole wheat,... You plan between 5 and 15 Syns into your day ( see the bottom of the parmesan.... One of those recipes that kind of came about by accident in my house ( as ever.Clean! And cook until lightly golden, remove and set aside sweetcorn, making sure the water comes back to casserole. Chicken and leek pasta bake: after cooling you can pre-prepare the chicken breasts to boil! And set aside, spinach, red onions and frozen peas and it is so easy but packed flavour. Thoroughly cooked a photo on Instagram house ( as ever ).Clean plates all Siobhan... Weight with our super-flexible digital-only service, with a strong online community at its heart chicken and leek pasta bake slimming world some ). Choose to attend a slimming World recipe also, double-check Syn values of synned as... Nutrition Info, cooking tips and meal ideas from top chefs around the World,,! So so good a little hot water, then stir through the and... Cheese pasta bake, Ooooopps didnt rate recipe not to get a delicious result the even.

Did Dr Pol's Grandson Kill Himself, Articles C