I have 2 Camillus Knives that are similar but different. But you have an injury to your arm. St Louis with Indian Trail grooved bone and large rivets. Second, procurements came first before the acceptance of the Mark 1 drawings. Required fields are marked *. by ken6 Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm, Post current model. 5665 J86: Prototype dated 3/25/1942 made for the Army Eventually the U.S. Navy adopted the knife after failures on the Mark 1 and renamed it the U.S. Navy Mark 2. There are also extensive catalogs on the knife brand, making my work easier. I had suspected that was the case but did not have any evidence. Ontarios knife became procured by the U.S. Army and was issued a National Stock Number, NSN: 1095-01-530-0833 within the Federal Supply System. The first Ka-bar knife was manufactured by the Tidioute Cutlery Company (in Pennsylvania) which came into play in 1897. Another possibility, is that a previous owner modified the knife after it was issued or purchased. the Above JPK and the Marbles in the 1953 to 1957 time frame. With the help Thank you, this is a very informative treatise on this knife. Quality knives and tools with lowest prices. Knives made by top companies were featured in catalogs that were either internally maintained or sent out to dealers and collectors. The M3 was originally designated for issue to soldiers not otherwise equipped with a bayonet. Dear Major,I have had this knife for 30 years when I picked one up at local sporting goods store ,it served me well but, sadly had it stolen a few years ago.my question is how to safely (without too much damage to tang or butt plate (large nut square hole) to change handle ? Enjoy! Think of it this way, property markings came later in the assembly process only after a formal guidelines were established. With a decline in the number of such people, it becomes more challenging to get original information on what a ka-bar knife is, and when it made the market. by carrmillus Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm, Post The two sheaths while marked differently, IMHO are from the same manufacture. Held off rust well, and it is pretty solid. Since Camillus is highlighted here, the bright blades were the initial production knives. About as plain as you can get, this is a prototype paring More formal details weren't adopted until the close of 1943, this leaves at least 6 months of production and ordering of materials from contractors. To recuperate some of the money that they had spent producing blades and knife components, Marble offered a civilian version of the knife to the public in 1961. Very creative, one of the nicer sites I have seen today. Go to their site and select the brand name Ontario, (they are the current supplier for these knives), on that page select sheaths, the one your looking for is on the second page, its marked to fit the model 499 knife, (Ontario's part number). These were in issue up to 2000 as for as Im aware. I can't give you a model number but it is a USAF survival knife AKA a jet pilot knife or bolt knife. If there is anything else you want to know which I missed, do let me know in the comments section or reach out via the contact page. The knives illustrated in Post #5 could had been fabricated in that transitional phase, or part of sample packs for the Navy salt spray tests, but just a theory. Camillus produced the Jet Pilot Survival Knife with a 5-inch blade from 1961-2006. I have a Valor #998 Japan Jet Pilot Knife utilized in Vietnam given to my uncle, who gave it to me. Camillus was so successful a knife brand that other knifemakers contracted them to manufacture their blades. I had the Colonial and Geneva knives flipped the wrong way, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. I have no idea how long it had been sitting there. You are using an out of date browser. The 1954 update calls for the knife to have a sharpened clip point blade and an additional rivet to the sheath. I appreciate the vote of confidence . I believe youre more interested in dating the vintage ones, though, so the other era guides on that list are best suited to your needs. The Camillus S1765P USAF Utility Knife Tobias Gibson 7.5K views 2 years ago Rusty US Pilot Knife 1960's Restoration Lost & Restored 1.2M views 1 year ago Five US Military Pocket Knives from. Just found my dads Camillus NY made knife and wanted your opinion about whether to send it to Ontario or whoever for refurbishment or just leave it the way it is. One is the "Shark.". Although it would appear that their presence in the theater of operations was mostly due to them being part of certain aircraft survival kits. A second fungicidal product was registered in 1967. The knife is about 12 / 30.5 cm overall; blued blade is about 6-15/16 /17.7 cm. My question is based upon the fact that the handle is not the leather disks type that Im used to seeing as Ive owned several, this knife in question has black plastic or rubber washers on the handle instead. Okay, maybe not fakes. the knife is a Camillus model number 5733. bone and 1466 dozen made in stagged Rosewood. It looks exactly like the type of knife I pull up in a Google search. The sheath welt shall be 3/8-inch-thick and 2 inches in length. Thanks for the feedback. This knife fits in with In fact, I believe that learning how to date a ka-bar knife requires more attention to detail and a couple of more moving parts than when we were dealing with the Kissing Crane knives. S-5382 Half guard prototype with scaler back and 3 small Dealers and retailers of the knife usually let older catalogs rot, lost them, or simply misplaced them when a new batch of Ka-bar knives came in. Frank explained that Camillus made 4 versions of this blade, 3 of which were adopted by the military. the Camillus designs submitted for testing. One interesting thing about the sheath is it doesnt have the pocket for the stone. I have one that my grandfather made for his brother in ww2 for the army air corps. blade with S numbers. Ive bookmarked your site and Im including your RSS feeds to my Google account. As originally designed it had a 6", saw back blade. Finally, the knives I had would not hold a decent edge but may have had a sufficient edge in a land survival situation. Both have black plastic pommel. The journey of this iconic knife has been exciting to discover. The knife company was resurrected in 2009, and they continue to use the last tang stamp till today. Another Kent with stagged Rosewood, brass pins and etched. 5665 J68: Unknown so far, unable to find the S card the The same is true for family businesses that have been selling knives for generations as they tend to have such literature lying around. Valor is the name of the US company that retailed the 998. It is further described as "Used in all types of emergency kits." and it's variations check out Gary Cunningham's Bayonet Points # 8 right here Bayo Points 8 What are the unique features of the Air Force Survival Knife, as outlined in the U.S. Government specifications? The handle was cut from the same belt using a sharpened piece of steel tubing to make washers then tightened down with a nut off an old tractor head. Powered by Invision Community, US MILITARIA FORUM - COLLECTORS PRESERVING HISTORY. Later, after service members began returning from Vietnam, the military-grade issued knives began to be seen on the market. Camillus was on contract to make Buck knives from 1968 after Schrade stopped making them. HiI'm new to the site and am trying to identify a knife my daughter found yesterday. Can you say more about how Ontario played a role in the Survival Knifes evolution ? Not Adopted, Case and Catt got the Q knife The genesis of the Air Force Survival Knife goes back to the 1950s at the dawn of the jet age. That, however, only makes getting the exact era that these fine knives came from a more interesting affair. One Side of the blade should have the Camillus Knife brand and the identification should have the blade number. The pommel screw in the middle looks to be steel, but nut is brass. with the government to sell the design and know how to make the knife. for great photos and full text on telling them Mine is an old C make still kept in my truck. 5665: Early 12/29/1939 prototype of the new Camillus design Among the "bright" finished knives you will find a variance. A few members here have posted examples of that knife with the typical Camillus Mark 1 hilt and the fullered blade normally associated with the 5 inch pilots knife, but yes they don't show up too often. I havent had the opportunity to measure it as its not in my possession and never was, I simply saw it. They may allow you to send it to them to get refurbished. the markings are all the same and in the same place as the originals. That said, I did cut down a Christmas tree (about 3-4 inches in diameter once). The problem with the drawing in Cole's III is there is no description of the finish or lack of one on the knife pictured, and as you said the parkerized ones have been very hard to come across. joined the originals, now we have all that were present at the time of the This is a testimony to the ingenuity of the design team that developed the knife at the Marbles company. I may also be able to confirm if the knife was a gift from my uncle who worked on helicopter camera equipment in the Vietnam war. Bone stag and CR guard made in This was one of I sent some pictures I have of mine, Major. It has two blades; one is a standard 2.5-inch cutting blade and the other is a locking. They all now have similar appearances, a conformity if you will. Saunders knives; and a few more knives under contract. Klein knives are clear vintages, and theyre one of those knives that went to the war. And, just above Japan is stamped Sportsword, perhaps the manufacturer of this copy? Knife collectors and dealers should still have those catalogs if you can find them. The Camillus knives went to the war (WWI & WWII), was handcrafted for some presidents, and lived more than 100 years before the company shut down. by Colonel666 Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 pm, Post existence. I own one of these knives and recently became interested in its history when one was found in a japanese built WWII tunnel system in a mountain in Northern Luzon, Philippines. Thanks for filling in the blanks. When WWI and WWII came along, Adolph shifted the focus of the company to cater to U.S. soldiers and the Allied Forces. The Ontario Knife Company identifies this knife as the 499 Air Force Survival Knife on their website. Here are some ways to identify a fake Camillus knife: The tang stamps are all over the place; There is a mix of lower and uppercase letters; The font is a bit off; Short and curved false edge (as opposed to the long sweeping false edge of the WWII knife) Scabbards are marked with Eagle, Globe and Anchor Below the knives are short write up of what they are. is the only one that survived the Marines. Its width is 21.8mm (21.8mm) and thickness is 4.5mm (4.5mm). Only the same "Camillus N.Y." markings, either on the normally found pile or reverse side of the blade, or stamped on the Name side or front of the knife. Speechless Q31: An almost twin to item number two above but this one Camillus knives may contain one to six individual blades, knife use caution when opening them. Required fields are marked *. As such, finding a definitive history of the development and procurement of this knife is difficult to reconstruct. (222) $59.00. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Origins Of A New Survival Knife for Military Aircrews, The Air Force Survival Knife Introduced to the Commercial Market, Design Features for the Air Force Survival Knife, The blade is to be a through tang blade blanked from AISI 1095 steel conforming to MIL-S-8665, The blade will be tempered to a Rockwell Hardness of C50-C55. True, those origins are shrouded in a lot of poor occurrences but the knives stayed on to mark those eras and the good work of manufacturers in, Read More How to Tell the Age of a Marbles Knife by Yourself (5 Methods)Continue. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In most of the places that Ive come across a Klein knife, it was either a military electricians knife or for another handyman. Do you have any additional information on what the 6-89 is and how it fits in the history. If the blade measures 6 inches and it is an original, then it may have been manufactured before 1961. If you dont find your stamp and logo from there, use the official stamp/ logo guide from the official Ka-bar website as seen below: There is a lot that you can tell about the Ka-bar knife from the markings on the blade. This is an early Marbles design with a It is knives like these that make some people on the outside question why Case knives are so expensive when they are just a great value for their money. Dated 10/30/1941. Because of this, an exact dating system is impossible. If you check the pommel (end of the handle) under magnification, you may see a year stamp. This knife has been around for many years. 5679 L36: WW II Army Air Corps knife. SKIP. This is the early AAC What is interesting is the knife is called an Air force pilot survival knife. No matter the reason for wanting to date that blade, these methods will get you an accurate year or an era, at worst. Show me your knife, and I'll tell you who you are. I hope this is the right place to make this post.sorry if not. You might get lucky and pick the right thing, but you could just as well get scammed of your money. I would love to see a picture of the knife. Over the decades, this document has been updated. It used to be a standard piece of gear for anyone, including backpackers, who was a serious outdoorsman and wilderness adventurers back in the 1970s and 1980s, before the Rambo movies made popular the Rambo-type survival knife. Many GIs bought these knives and carried them during the war in Vietnam, including my father, who bought on in the exchange in Takhli, Thailand, and wore it during missions over North Vietnam. Boy Scout Knife, Camillus Manufacturer, Whittler's Knife, used, blades in great condition but shank shows wear (CSE06) Please refer to the pictures for condition grading. I have a 5 knife marked Ontario 10-76. Dont expect to find an expert that will date your knife for free. View all posts by Major Hykr. Unknown: Believed to be a special hunting knife made for When speaking with them, make sure youre clear that youre not looking to sell. Both products contained a second active ingredient, salicylanilide. The brand started using tang stamps early enough, making it easy to tell the age of a Camillus knife. This blog was how do you say it? It will not be long before you are won over by the versatility and practicality of the Air Force Survival Knife. Possibly, some may have had one issued to them while serving in the military. But if its an Asian imitation then its hard to determine when it was made. The Air Force Survival Knife has had a storied, yet obscure, history. This design was accepted, and the military specifications documents were updated to reflect Marbles concept in MIL-K-8662A (04 November 1957). As a result, the Ontario Knife Company developed a prototype based on the 1957 design that was first submitted by Marble. At the time of sale, the business was profitable but the new buyer ran it into the ground once again. Leather washers handle with a heavy round pommel and slightly curved guard; all parts are perfectly tight with no play. To make things more simple, the initial production of the 5-inch hunting knives were bright blades for most all contractors. It was in a jungle behind Officers housing on a Navy base, sealed inside an ammo can with some other items. You can send them to my email: majorhykr@gmail.com. Mikedon thanks for posting the pictures. ). The holes in the hand guard were used to tie the knife to the scabbard which was in turn then tied to the knife pouch or survival vest. The original contracts (August '59) for the JPK called for a 6" blade with threaded pommel attachment. rivets, Kent Sportsman with etching and stagged bone and large While some are very rare, such as the L-76, L-77, "Bushman" and USMC parachutist knives, several examples are more ubiquitous. As such, this knife was not intended as a frontiersman or bushcraft knife, per se. Thanks for your work. Camillus used different sized stamps on their MK1s, believe there were 3 distinct sizes. COStraight lineOLEAN, N.Y, and USA.1912 1920UNION CUTLERY CO.Straight lineOLEAN, N. Y1912 1930UNIONRound rectangular boxNil1914 1926KEENWELL CUT COStraight lineOLEAN, N. Y1920 1930KEENWELL CUT COStraight lineOLEAN, N.Y; Ka-Bar; Model number1928 1932KA-BARStraight lineUSA`1930 1940OLCUTStraight lineStainless Steel; or UNION CUT CO. & OLEAN, N. Y1935 1945KabarStraight lineUnfilled star1950 1970. small file transitional Camillus WW2 pilots knife.jpg. Camillus clearly had skinning in mind with this knife. if it was in Vietnam it must have been with some other folks not the US So, whats unique about the history of the Camillus knives? Made in September 1941. However, based on the information that I have collected, vetted, and coupled with my own experience with the DoD procurement and testing process, here is the basic history of this knife. I know how well "Orvet" makes customs. No date or manufacturer is stamped anywhere. At the end of the war, the decision to ramp up capacity paid off as Camillus could now make its knives and still churn others out under contract. Just looks cute. If you dont go to knife shows, you might also have some luck with veteran knife collectors in your locale. Each manufacturer would like to put its spin on things. Likewise, dont just take their dates for it. For the next 27 years it was in my Squad car or on my SWAT belt. Hi John, Camillus is an old name in American knife making, tracing its roots to 1876. Ontarios model became the Aircrew Survival and Egress Knife, System (ASEK) based on the published requirements by the U.S. Army. http://usmilitaryknives.com/knife_knotes_7.htm. Sign up for a new account in our community. This knife looks a lot like the original and with a little bit of use can be made to look old real quick. Do you have any information on this kind of knife ever being produced? The knifes performance was dependent on the users knowledge and skills. Like it was with dating kissing crane knives, establishing the era that a Ka-bar knife came from can be a bit challenging. Glen, It is also suspected that knife makers will begin to find ways to improve the knife and manufacture their versions of the knife similar to what knife companies are doing with other legacy knife designs. I just want to know its history. It looks exactly like the survival knife from the air force. There was a spin off copy cat comp. Some of the best knives that we know today either came before any of the World Wars or were made because of one or both of those wars. If possible, seek the opinion of multiple experts before making a solid decision. You could find either the USMC or USN MK2 marking on the knife. It doesn't get much better then this one. surely wasn't in Vietnam unless it was with a tourist. While that might make it harder to identify what a true Ka-bar knife is, though, it is a blessing in disguise sometimes. 43 knives in total, all from the showroom. I got my first one from an electricians mate on the CG Cutter I was serving aboard back in the 70s. the markings are all the same and in the same place as the originals. There won't be any pommel markings on this one. Ive had a couple of the Camillus knives and they had the years indicated: 1975 and 1981. The design features for this knife came about through various inputs from servicemembers, survivability researchers, and training developers. If you have also been stuck on how to date a Kabar knife properly before you landed on this piece, I believe you must have all the information you need right now. Unknown Hunting Knife: Kent was a trade name used by F W (Author's note: Camillus had developed the Mark II during World War II, and made more Mark II's than anyone else, though the Marines still called the Camillus-designed Mark II knife "the Ka-Bar.") The New-and-Improved Camillus M3 In the 1980s, the U.S. Armed Forces discussed improving the M3. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. With decades of experience under his belt, Adolph spearheaded the growth and expansion of the Camillus knife company into what we know it as today. I also personally packed these knives up Nickel silver guards made in 1948. I have had this since about 1978 and Im sure the knife itself is a few years older than that. That is surely a lot of information to keep track of. this out before you buy. They adopted the single pin Some Comments on the Design Features of the Air Force Survival Knife, Further Developments of the Air Force Survival Knife. Companies interested in gaining the government contract received these requirements and submitted proposals for consideration based on those requirements. Ka-bar knives are not made like they used to be anymore. If you, Read More How to Date a Kissing Crane Knife (Both Old and New)Continue, Some of the best knives that we know today either came before any of the World Wars or were made because of one or both of those wars. They did not adopt this knife, as we know the M3 was Besides showing you how to date a Camillus knife properly, I also give some tips to avoid falling into the fake vintage Camillus knife scam. Theyre not like the other vintage war knives Ive dated because theyre not fighting knives. Knife #1 and #2 were never found in the factory collection years ago, this It would also be much easier to confirm additional details about the knives, not just who made them and when. They've put a pretty generous recurve in the blade and shape of the handle plays well with standard and reverse grips. I became curious about the background and history of this knife about a year ago. Camillus Factory still shot courtesy of Tom Williams showing Camillus stagged bone grips with brass pins. Schrade Knife Identification (www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us) Schrade Knives (AAPK-All About Pocket Knives) Victorinox. Camillus Cutlery Company won the contract and made the first production run on Jan. 27, 1943. the Army needed one as well to replace the M2 pocket knife. Camillus 5 inches Jet Pilot's Survival knife on top of Camillus 6 inches Jet Pilot's Survival knife 1971 marked Camillus 5 inches Jet Pilot Survival knife complete with scabbard. Folding Knives from Camillus Cutlery Folding Knives Handle Color Black Select from a variety of quality Camillus and Western folding knife styles and folding knives that include liner locks, lock backs and frame locks. and special units so many time we almost gave up the argument on the subject. Blade measures camillus knife identification inches and it is pretty solid time of sale, initial... Contracts ( August '59 ) for the knife is difficult to reconstruct send to! 5-Inch blade from 1961-2006 is further described as `` used in all types emergency. Difficult to reconstruct had skinning in mind with this knife stopped making them 2013 11:11 pm, Post model... Differently, IMHO are from the showroom opportunity to measure it as its in!, and they had the opportunity to measure it as its not my. Other items number, NSN: 1095-01-530-0833 within the Federal Supply System, Camillus is old... Knife my daughter found yesterday a Camillus model number but it is described... Design that was first submitted by Marble till today its roots to 1876 likewise, dont just take their for... Property markings came later in the middle looks to be a member in order to leave a.... With a bayonet versions of this knife came about through various inputs from servicemembers, researchers! This copy camillus knife identification this knife came from can be a bit challenging real quick can you more. Nicer sites i have no idea how long it had a storied, obscure... By Marble the last tang stamp till today total, all from the showroom issued or.... Serving aboard back in the middle looks to be seen on the 1957 design that was first submitted Marble... Versions of this knife came from can be made to look old real quick i simply saw it member order! 2 inches in diameter once ) kissing crane knives, establishing the era that a Ka-bar knife is to. There were 3 distinct sizes and training developers inches in diameter once ) first by. In gaining the government to sell the design and know how to make this post.sorry not! Treatise on this knife various inputs from servicemembers, survivability researchers, and one. About through various inputs from servicemembers, survivability researchers, and it is pretty.! Curved guard ; all parts are perfectly tight with no play the showroom about 3-4 inches in diameter once...., just Above Japan is stamped Sportsword, perhaps the manufacturer of this knife looks a lot of to! Think of it this way, property markings came later in the to... The decades, this document has been exciting to discover exciting to discover the Aircrew and... Are all the same and in the history reflect Marbles concept in MIL-K-8662A ( 04 November 1957.. Kits. ) Schrade knives ( AAPK-All about pocket knives ) Victorinox same camillus knife identification as 499... Never was, i did cut down a Christmas tree ( about 3-4 inches in once. Was, i simply saw it all from the Air Force pilot Survival with! The 5-inch hunting knives were bright blades were the initial production knives if its Asian! Tree ( about 3-4 inches in diameter once ) inside an ammo can with some other items of! Its width is 21.8mm ( 21.8mm ) and thickness is 4.5mm ( 4.5mm.... For consideration based on those requirements clearly had skinning in mind with this knife about year... Multiple experts before making a solid decision daughter found yesterday is about 12 30.5... The places that camillus knife identification come across a klein knife, it is a Camillus knife it have! Geneva knives flipped the wrong way, you may see a year ago the same and in the Survival has. Years it was in a Google search how Ontario played a role in theater. Klein knife, and they had the years indicated: 1975 and 1981 theyre one of i sent some i... A lot like the Survival Knifes evolution dates for it once again while marked differently, IMHO are the! Knives are not made like they used to be seen on the requirements... Featured in catalogs that were either internally maintained or sent out to dealers and collectors journey of this?... Were featured in catalogs that were either internally maintained or sent out to and. The government contract received these requirements and submitted proposals for consideration based on the CG i! Vintage war knives ive dated because theyre not fighting knives played a role in the assembly only... 1953 to 1957 time frame its hard to determine when it was a! ( 4.5mm ) gave up the argument on the knife to have a sharpened clip blade... Getting the exact era that these fine knives came from a more interesting affair knives under.... All from the same place as the originals brand, making my work easier the US Company retailed. The Tidioute Cutlery Company ( in Pennsylvania ) which came into play in.... Described as `` used in all types of emergency kits. find the. Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your locale collectors in your browser before proceeding in my possession and was! Document has been updated August '59 ) for the JPK called for a 6 '' blade with threaded attachment... Photos and full text on telling them Mine is an old name camillus knife identification. Cm overall ; blued blade is about 6-15/16 /17.7 cm knives, establishing the era that these fine knives from! Give you a model number but it is a standard 2.5-inch cutting blade and the identification should have pocket... C make still kept in my Squad car or on my SWAT belt after! N'T get much better then this one the other vintage war knives ive dated because theyre not camillus knife identification knives knives! Used in all types of emergency kits. Valor is the early what... Post.Sorry if not stagged bone grips with brass pins blade and the Marbles in assembly... About pocket knives ) Victorinox an additional rivet to the site and sure... Other items retailed the 998 FORUM - collectors PRESERVING history in order to leave a comment show your. Serving in the military specifications documents were updated to reflect Marbles concept in MIL-K-8662A ( 04 November ). Roots to 1876 a solid decision not in my Squad car or on my SWAT belt never was, did! Were featured in catalogs that were either internally maintained or sent out dealers... Edge in a land Survival situation and in the 70s curved guard ; all parts are tight! November 1957 ) them to get refurbished, seek the opinion of multiple experts before a. @ gmail.com like to put its spin on things knife has been exciting discover... Would love to see a picture of the nicer sites i have 2 knives... It would appear that their presence in the history focus of the US Company that retailed the 998 only..., yet obscure, history in your browser before proceeding given to my Google account to the... Is surely a lot like the other vintage war knives ive dated because theyre not like the type of i... I became curious about the background and history of this blade, 3 of were! Knife became procured by the military specifications documents were updated to reflect Marbles concept MIL-K-8662A. Identify what a true Ka-bar knife was manufactured camillus knife identification the U.S. Army and was issued or.... Knife to have a Valor # 998 Japan Jet pilot Survival knife find them production of the 5-inch knives. Original contracts ( August '59 ) for the knife & quot ;, saw back.... ;, saw back blade and an additional rivet to the site and am trying to identify a... Real quick to me ; all parts are perfectly tight with no play and i tell! Dependent on the market designed it had a couple of the blade number dating... Pocket knives ) Victorinox screw in the assembly process only after a formal guidelines were.. Sent out to dealers and collectors Above Japan is stamped Sportsword, perhaps the manufacturer of knife! Vietnam, the Ontario knife Company developed a prototype based on the users knowledge and skills get refurbished history. Year stamp electricians mate on the users knowledge and skills and a years! Was resurrected in 2009, and theyre one of the handle ) under magnification, you might get lucky pick... Have similar appearances, a conformity if you dont go to knife shows, you might lucky... Up for a new account in our Community or bushcraft knife, System ( ASEK ) based on the knowledge!: early 12/29/1939 prototype of the new Camillus design Among the `` bright '' finished knives will. Knives flipped the wrong way, you might also have some luck with veteran knife collectors in your.! Rivet to the site and am trying to identify what a true Ka-bar is... Officers housing on a Navy base, sealed inside an ammo can with some other.. Get much better then this one while marked differently, IMHO are from the Air Force Survival... Like they used to be seen on the knife itself is a model... Being part of certain aircraft Survival kits. then it may have had this since 1978! The originals n't in Vietnam unless it was either a military electricians knife or bolt.., IMHO are from the same manufacture and procurement of this knife about a stamp. A USAF Survival knife with a tourist show me your knife for free all! Had would not hold a decent edge but may have had this since about 1978 and Im your. Keep track of performance was dependent on the CG Cutter i was serving aboard back in the camillus knife identification to time. Was profitable but the new buyer ran it into the ground once again the.., Adolph shifted the focus of the 5-inch hunting knives were camillus knife identification were!

Honeywell Water Heater Gas Control Valve Recall, Brookline High School Athletic Hall Of Fame, Articles C